Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We all have dream lenses that we want Canon to make, most of which never will be. There is now a crazy rumor from Canon Watch about two such lenses that haven’t appeared on our RF mount roadmap.
The first rumored lens would be an RF-S 33mm f/1L USM, which is basically a 50mm lens for APS-C sensors. While the idea would be pretty desireable, Canon never made “L” EF-S lenses, and we’re not sure if that’s going to change with the RF-S mount.
The second lens is an RF 70-300mm f/2-4L IS USM. I don’t even know what to say about this rumor. I don’t think there would be a market for such a lens. We think that once you reach the pricepoint that this lens would sell for, variable aperture wouldn’t be well received. Who knows though, Canon can always do new and interesting things.
We don’t have a lot...

Continue reading...

Roger Cicala’s post on Lensrentals.com is a great read. A dream sometimes is just a dream.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Roger Cicala’s post on Lensrentals.com is a great read. A dream sometimes is just a dream.

Great read, thank you.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I’m going to submit a rumor about a 24-200mm f/2 Uber DO nano materials lens that is the size and weight of a 24-105/4. I think that’s actually a lens designed by HarryFilm, but still, if this post gets enough likes I bet Canon will leverage Harry’s free public GNU license and produce it. If they don’t, Sony will and I’ll switch.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0
I’m going to submit a rumor about a 24-200mm f/2 Uber DO nano materials lens that is the size and weight of a 24-105/4. I think that’s actually a lens designed by HarryFilm, but still, if this post gets enough likes I bet Canon will leverage Harry’s free public GNU license and produce it. If they don’t, Sony will and I’ll switch.
I second that, if they would also make a 200-500 F4 D0 with built in 1.4 teleconverter.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0