B&H 1DX Order Fulfillment Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcbjr said:
congratulations to today's shippees. would you kindly let us know when your orders were placed? thanks!
5 or 6 P.M. Eastern on March 14.
vinfung88 said:
coltsfreak18 said:
Does anyone else's tracking number not work, or is it just that it is a new order and / or UPS's website hasn't updated for it?

yup, its because its a new order, they dont get processed that fast. But you can see the expected delivery date in the email that BH sent you.
Ah ok, good.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the update guys. Enjoy your cameras when they arrive!!!

I have updated the information at the top of the thread for those newcomers who would like an idea of where things stand.

Next up on the agenda is to find out when the next shipment is due to arrive and find out the order timeframe that will be filled.

If anyone who ordered 3/14/12 AFTER 6PM has any updates on the their status, please post and I will update the information.

To recap, orders placed on 3/14 up to 6PM EST have been filled. Orders placed after this time are status UNKNOWN.

Upvote 0
C

cfargo

neuroanatomist said:
cfargo said:
I ordered 3/21 from B&H and I have tracking.

Sure you don't mean 3/14? FWIW, your order number is lower than vinfung88's.

I had told my B&H sales rep that I wanted one way back before they started taking pre-orders. I was in Africa without internet access when they started taking preorders. The rep had emailed me to see if I still wanted to order one and it wasn't until the 21st before I could get back to her. Looking up the order on B&H's site it shows an order date of 3/21.

Upvote 0
cbjetboy said:
I ordered mine on 3/14/2012 around 11:30PM CST. I received my tracking number 7/4/2012. It should arrive tomorrow per UPS tracking. Order number XXXX8856XX.

Your order number doesn't seem to jive with known order numbers and email confirmation times. Is it possible that you could check your email on that date and verify the time you received confirmation? Just wondering if you have the AM/PM mixed up.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I had told my B&H sales rep that I wanted one way back before they started taking pre-orders. I was in Africa without internet access when they started taking preorders. The rep had emailed me to see if I still wanted to order one and it wasn't until the 21st before I could get back to her. Looking up the order on B&H's site it shows an order date of 3/21.

There seem to be many circumstances with your order that most people here would not encounter.

You must have a close relationship/revolving account with the sales staff at B&H for them to put an order in the system while you are away on business. I don't doubt your account of how it happened, but this doesn't change the fact that people who ordered well before 3/21 are still getting unknown status.

So far, info at the top holds true (at least based on this forum and people who are posting)

Upvote 0
C

cfargo

I do have a relationship where I just send an email to my rep and she sends me what I ask for. B&H has been great to me. She may have put my order in as a "quote" on the 14th then converted the quote to an order once she got the confirmation from me using the quote date as my placeholder in line. I love my 5D Mk III so much I don't know that I will keep the 1Dx.

Upvote 0
I don't know if all my complaining (and I did more than I posted here...) helped my situation or B&H changed my status so it would stop me from calling them - this morning I was told "it is impossible that anybody received any notifications because there was no shipment", until I mentioned a public forum and then I was told "my order time must have been different because there is no way to cheat the system", but I just got an email, notificating me of a change of status to "in stock, order send to warehouse".

Maybe there is hope after all...I will update if I receive an actual tracking #.

Upvote 0

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
Wait a minute Mr. Postman, I forgot to thank you personally for the little black box that showed up on my desk this am. Sure glad my front office staff who signed for it didn't open my box, and even more glad Neuro wasn't there with HIS truck.

Full comparisons with other bodies soon to follow, but over lunch I shot same centerpiece with 5d3 and 1Dx using same settings , and first thing I noticed, using Av, evaluative metering, single point, single Shot focusing, the 1Dx metered to slightly different/faster shutter speeds across Iso range 100-100,000.
Haven't pixel peeped yet , but trying to achieve same settings was hard. W/o EC, the 1Dx was 1/3-1 stop faster in AV mode.

Also ISo to 6400, 12,800 was very clean in Jpeg ( though I S___ both raw/jpg), I haven't developed yet in LR, though nice to know LR 4.1 opened native raw flawlessly!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.