Backpack or roller and/or street and field system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded my camera and lenses and my old trustworthy Stealth Reporter 400AW - well it still holds everything, but my shoulder still hurts from a day of shooting on sunday...
Shoulder bag is a no go, especially since I hope to expand my equipment in the near future.

What I have right now
1D3 with extra LP-E4 and battery loader
24-70 f/2.8 L USM
70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM
Speedlite 580EX II with spare set of AA batteries
Manfrotto Monopod (big two piece thing)
MacBook 13" with power cord
Lexar USB 3.0 reader
6 cards using LowePro's pouch that comes with most bags

Shopping list
1D3 or 5D2+grip
With spare battery or two in case of a 5D with the grip. 1D3 would allow me to carry just one loader
400 f/5.6 or 300 f/2.8
17-40 f/4 or 16-35 f/2.8
580EX II
CP-E4 (for both Speedlites)

What I need
Comfortable way of carrying all of my equipment all day. MacBook, loader, reader will stay in the hotel or media center but I have to carry them to and from the venue.
Working outdoors I also need room for rain clothing, a fleece jacket, water and food
I think backpacks are almost ruled out for the venue itself as I already have it full of clothes, water, food and beer. So I was thinking about using a street&field system like LowePro and ThinkTank offer - any recommendations?

For transportation I'd still get a backpack or a roller. I think I prefer a backpack as I usually have a rolling suitcase as checked luggage already and two rollers is a bit of hassle. I was looking at the various ThinkTank products that meet carry-on rules as I hope to travel to the UK for a few races. Being for transportation only, the thing has to hold my MacBook, loader and stuff as well and meet carry-on rules for inner-european flights - BA is very generous with weight, but the standard carry-on size still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.