Beautiful sunsets

My front yard, post sunset glow through fog after a heavy rain about 6 weeks ago. It looked a lot darker than this to my eye, with a bit less color. Took some tweaking in LR. Exposure 1/5 second at 120mm, on a monopod with "OS" switched on...Sigma 120-400 lens, 6D, at ISO 1250 (and yes it autofocused!). Was very under-exposed and white balance was too cool (noise after boosting exposure and color temp in post was similar to a normal exposure at ISO 6400).

Attachments

• foggy sunset-7780, web size.jpg
    foggy sunset-7780, web size.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 975
Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 7, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
serendipidy said:
Click said:
Krob78 said:
Fire in the Sky~
Red Rock Canyon, NV

Beautiful sky. Nicely done.

+1...great colors in that sky.
Serendipidy, RPT, Click, Lion Rock, Sporgon, Thank you all so much! The real thrill was just being there to witness it! I had pulled over and was reading in a brochure how they have this phenomenon they called "Fire in The Sky" and it doesn't happen everyday and not exactly predictable when it will happen. As I'm reading, I notice the brochure starts turning red! I look up and there it is, right in front of me!!

It was over in 4 minutes flat, barely had time to turn my camera on and expose for it (wish I exposed more for the mountains) and only got a few images before it was nothing more than a memory! Hope to see it again some time! Glad you liked it and thanks again!

Upvote 0
trstromme said:
9469818841_8e9ebe3f1e_z.jpg

The Day I can take a photo like this I can Die Happy ;)

Upvote 0

bjd

Aug 29, 2011
Ken and all the others have inspired me to also try out a few of my sunsets. Here you go........

I'm loving what I've seen so far.
You have to be prepared, or very quick when the opportunity presents itself.

Edit: I straightened the horizon on the second one. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers Brian

Attachments

• _F8A4024-2.jpg
    _F8A4024-2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 898
  • _F8A3901_resized-0004.jpg
    _F8A3901_resized-0004.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 629
Upvote 0