Best Canon body for permanent IR conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3nt

"No good photo goes unnoticed!"
Feb 3, 2011
Finland
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

I've found bits and pieces of information, but all very scattered. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I would need to find out which Canon EOS body lends it self for IR conversion in the best possible way?
I'm now talking about the conversion that would be done by one of the service centers, i.e. permanent.
I've read that some sensors/implementations yield better end results, but nothing conclusive found so far. Anyone have a more definite take on this subject?

Thanks in advance!

K3nt

"No good photo goes unnoticed!"
Feb 3, 2011
Finland
www.flickr.com
stl_todd said:
For the budget you mentioned I would look at a 50D, I have converted two in my lifetime, the first a 10D the second a 40D. Both worked well, however, having live view makes a huge difference. I would recommend either lifepixel.com or maxmax.com

Thanks for the info. I might be looking at getting one of the 50Ds and going for the lifepixel's Enhanced IR filter coversion. Looks pretty much like what I'm after. I just need to find some company in Finland that can do the lifepixel conversion. One would think they have cooperation with others around here too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.