BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi fragilesi.
Nice shot.
Reminds me of when we had a goose at home, it would often come down the garden when I went in, looking something like that and screaming, honking or however you describe that terrifying noise, he would then realise he knew me, calm down and walk over to get some affection! Bloody good guard animal until the neighbours complained!
As you note, it is not showing the usual grace of a swan, but don't they say swans are calm on top and paddling like mad underneath!

Nice shot Alwin.

Cheers, Graham.

fragilesi said:
Maybe not the most graceful swan picture in the world :)

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi fragilesi.
Nice shot.
Reminds me of when we had a goose at home, it would often come down the garden when I went in, looking something like that and screaming, honking or however you describe that terrifying noise, he would then realise he knew me, calm down and walk over to get some affection! Bloody good guard animal until the neighbours complained!
As you note, it is not showing the usual grace of a swan, but don't they say swans are calm on top and paddling like mad underneath!

Thanks, coincidentally (and cutting a long story short) my uncle used to run a village pub. It got broken in to, burglar walked right past his FOUR dogs without a squeak from them. He tried to escape via the back garden and the police found him crouching in terror because he'd blundered into where the geese were kept :).

Swans, well wonderful animals, I just wish they flew around a bit more!

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
fragilesi said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi fragilesi.
Nice shot.

Thanks, coincidentally (and cutting a long story short) my uncle used to run a village pub. It got broken in to, burglar walked right past his FOUR dogs without a squeak from them. He tried to escape via the back garden and the police found him crouching in terror because he'd blundered into where the geese were kept :).

Swans, well wonderful animals, I just wish they flew around a bit more!

I can only agree with your findings: Sneaking up on a goose is a bloody nightmare in comparison to getting close to an eagle or a falcon.

Upvote 0