BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

A eurasian nuthatch has just finished nest-cleaning. This is shot at 1/3200s, but that was not fast enough. When the beak appears in the opening I start firing at 10 fps. That gives me one frame in the air, before it´s gone.

I have not used the 7DII much with the long whites and for those who pixle peep, I think you can see that I have pushed noise reduction to as much as I can, before it looks plastic. So to benefit from the extra reach, it is important to have enough light. If not I prefer the 1DX. I admit that my post processing skills sucks though ...

7DII, 600 f4L IS II
1/3200s, f4.0, ISO6400

Attachments

• _G9A0706.jpg
    _G9A0706.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Eldar said:
A eurasian nuthatch has just finished nest-cleaning. This is shot at 1/3200s, but that was not fast enough. When the beak appears in the opening I start firing at 10 fps. That gives me one frame in the air, before it´s gone.

I have not used the 7DII much with the long whites and for those who pixle peep, I think you can see that I have pushed noise reduction to as much as I can, before it looks plastic. So to benefit from the extra reach, it is important to have enough light. If not I prefer the 1DX. I admit that my post processing skills sucks though ...

7DII, 600 f4L IS II
1/3200s, f4.0, ISO6400

Good catch Eldar.
Not an easy shot to catch from bird size, flying speed to surrounding area.

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
Eldar said:

7DII, 600 f4L IS II
1/3200s, f4.0, ISO6400

Good catch Eldar.
Not an easy shot to catch from bird size, flying speed to surrounding area.

Totally agreed, the smaller birds are like lightning!

Upvote 0
Wedge tail eagle, sequence. The light was a little harsh and the distance a bit further than I would have preferred for a 300mm lens.

Eagle_sequence.jpg

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
fragilesi said:
Dylan777 said:
fragilesi said:
The less glamorous side of BIF :)

Just another inch to the right would be perfect - Great capture fragilesi :)

Thanks! And yes I was almost falling over backwards at the time so I'll take what I got :)

I ran into that situation before - tracking the terns. Lucky, my 400mm f2.8 IS II was on the gimbal head :)

Upvote 0