BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
That’s true. I don’t post much here of course. Didn’t see any harm in posting and since it’s the R5 I figured fellow birders here might like the result. Of course the admin can remove it if they want to if I broke a rule on crossposting. I won’t mind one bit.
We birder regulars welcome new posters and encourage you to continue. How about some real flying birds, as we want to know how responsive the R5 is to get focus. Most of us do follow both the the Birds in Flight and Bird Portraits threads so there's no need to post in both.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
We birder regulars welcome new posters and encourage you to continue. How about some real flying birds, as we want to know how responsive the R5 is to get focus. Most of us do follow both the the Birds in Flight and Bird Portraits threads so there's no need to post in both.
It was a BIF, albeit coming in for a landing. Is birds in landing a thing? I promise no more cross posting the same photo but since you’re all very patient with me. Here’s another BIL if that’s a thing cheers all DEED3466-EB96-4307-8283-F215972510B5.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It was a BIF, albeit coming in for a landing. Is birds in landing a thing? I promise no more cross posting the same photo but since you’re all very patient with me. Here’s another BIL if that’s a thing cheers all View attachment 192290
Great! We’re broad minded about BIF. Wings open is enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
thanks.. always associated buzzard with vulture... which looks quite different
In the USA, especially in the northern states, the Turkey Vulture, can be be called the Turkey Buzzard or simply Buzzard. Here's one using my eye AF with the 100-400mm II on the 5DSR.

3Q7A4199-DxO_turkey_vulture_Face.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
In the USA, especially in the northern states, the Turkey Vulture, can be be called the Turkey Buzzard or simply Buzzard. Here's one using my eye AF with the 100-400mm II on the 5DSR.

thanks for the clarification, so wasn't too far off. We get Turkey vultures here too.. ugly birds, but necessary..

Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Hi Alan.
I think you may have been meaning :-
The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language. George Bernard Shaw.

Cheers, Graham.
According to: This supposed quotation doesn't appear anywhere in the copious writing of GBS. A similar idea was expressed by Oscar Wilde in The Canterville Ghost, 1887, some years earlier than Shaw was supposed to have said it:
"We really have everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language".

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
AlanF said:
USA and UK are two countries separated by a different language

Hi Alan.
I think you may have been meaning :-
The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language. George Bernard Shaw.

Cheers, Graham.

Half full versus half empty? ;)

Upvote 0