BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
They are excellent shots! I wish I had the sun and pelicans here too!
Me too, me too... Well, I have the sun but the only pelican around is in the Zoo - single bird, different species...
Where is Santa?!
Edit: I don't believe Santa will come to this forum/topic - better cameras, better lenses, better conditions (and occasionally better skills:)), more birds (if possible... Nope, mandatory!!! -all the birds of the world:mad:!). No, that guy is not THAT crazy - 24/7 and year long (and still not enough:ROFLMAO:)... No way!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).5F9A1065 12X16 Reduced for CR.jpg5F9A1099 8X12 Reduced for CR.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).View attachment 201698View attachment 201702
Both are nice. The second one even more interesting (different approach?);)

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).
Absolutely wonderful, Dan
:love:

Upvote 0
I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).View attachment 201698View attachment 201702
Very beautiful!
Forgetting changing the shutter speed happended so many times to me, too!
I took FV for static shots and AV for BIF, because I can use maximum shutter speed there, which doesn't work in FV. I just wish the R5 had a manual mode dial like older cameras. I don't like the mode change with the display at all.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).

Beautiful pictures. Well done, Dan.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Excellent PT. Well done, Alan.
I did it just for the fun of seeing what you can do with garbage photos on a sensor you can push through 4ev and then push some more, and take advantage of modern software. Pushing through 4 stops from iso 2000 is equivalent to iso 32k, plus some more. And that's on the high megapixel R5.

Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
My first Skylark of the year and the first with the RF 100-400mm (on the R5). This was flying, not rising and hovering to sing. It is just 400 or 500 px long, at the limits of resolution. This little lens continues to amaze me - I wasn't doing any better with the 400mm DO II at this distance. @OskarB has shown what it can do for close ups.

309A1788-DxO_RF100-400_skylark-LS-sm.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0