Black and White Landscapes!

Slowpoke_Rodriguez said:
I especially like Gammyknee's shot just above. How did you get the entire frame in focus?

Thanks.

In theory the best way to get the appearance of sharpness right through the frame is to run the numbers through a DOF calculator and set the lens to the hyperfocal distance. Thing is, I always seem to do better by just looking at the scene, picking the area that I want to have peak sharpness and focusing on that. That, combined with a reasonably small aperture (in this case f11) usually gets me what I want.

Upvote 0
GammyKnee said:
Slowpoke_Rodriguez said:
I especially like Gammyknee's shot just above. How did you get the entire frame in focus?

Thanks.

In theory the best way to get the appearance of sharpness right through the frame is to run the numbers through a DOF calculator and set the lens to the hyperfocal distance. Thing is, I always seem to do better by just looking at the scene, picking the area that I want to have peak sharpness and focusing on that. That, combined with a reasonably small aperture (in this case f11) usually gets me what I want.
I'm inclined to agree, while it is good to klnow the hyperfocal distance, it isn't always the best choice. It depends purely on the scene to be photographed and the relative distances of the nearest and furthest away points.

Upvote 0
p484827852-4.jpg

Upvote 0