Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
DJL329 said:
unruled said:
DJL329 said:
"Over-exposed" ::)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43086792@N03/6825398072/in/photostream
Came across this roll of film while hiking last March.

only shot ive ever seen where I like the effect. probably the implied irony. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :)

The moment I saw it lying on the ground, I knew it would make a great subject.

I agree that it is great:) also for the overall rugged style of the picture.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
kasperj said:
Here I used the effect on the blood trickling out from the skin to make a more dramatic picture. I used Nic Silver Efex pro, which I can strongly recommend. It is by far my favorite add-on to Lightroom.
MG0023-Edit-XL.jpg

Kasper. This is brilliant and I agree that the use of selective brings a new dimension to this shot.

Upvote 0
This technique appears so often in the "Youarenotaphotographer" blog that I am both fascinated by and scared of it....
The idea was "killer eyes" - so I made the eyes colour slightly colder than on the original
Done in Nik Silver Efex Pro
Any pointers to improve and avoid ending up a 'Fauxtographer' welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,632
Upvote 0
scrappydog said:
Nabbed this shot in Washington, DC. The back pack begs the viewer's attention. Canon 60D, Canon 50mm f/1.4.

Perhaps leaving it as colour and cropping it 50% would of been better?
Just that I can see the girl holding the guys hand and thus it makes sense as to why he's wearing it.

If you cropped in so the girl isn't there but the broad to his right is (as if she's giving him a weird look it might have more impact).

Upvote 0
!Xabbu said:
How did you shoot these (what kind of lens and how did you get so close)? They are really cool!

Thank you kindly, The first one was shot near dusk as the F-15 was banking away from me . The second was taken on a hill just outside of the airport on which it took off it flew right over me and banked off to the right. I use the Canon 500MM F 4

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
picturesbyme said:

In addition to being an awsome picture in itself, I think this really works here. I did use this technique for a webillustration I (something like; where is your place? to the students).

Attachments

• Meeting the student - Copy.jpg
    Meeting the student - Copy.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 1,682
Upvote 0