Bought 24-70 f/2.8 II -Soft, owners, please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My in camera setting was 3, I have just upped it to 5 and will take some shots later to see if I get any better results. I bought the camera up in shenyang and as you say you buy things blind without any testing. I am now down in xian, and again looking at new lens they will not let you test until you have paid...and you can't return anything...

Upvote 0
davet4 said:
My in camera setting was 3, I have just upped it to 5 and will take some shots later to see if I get any better results. I bought the camera up in shenyang and as you say you buy things blind without any testing. I am now down in xian, and again looking at new lens they will not let you test until you have paid...and you can't return anything...

Yepp, but even at 3 you should get decent results. Only 1 is critical. Try some testshots and upload them here, I had the 24-105 on my 5D3 until last month, so I will be able to give you some feedback.

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
leGreve said:
Good example of what not to do!

The camera will pick its focus point, and it might not be where the shooter thinks it is. He is also too close, nowhere near 50X the focal length of the lens. The results will be predictably off and erratic.

Upvote 0
Ever think it could be your camera that is causing this 'bad marriage'? I'm just saying that when people talk about 'bad lenses' they conveniently ignore the fact that the camera also plays a very BIG part in the focusing equation...

Just like Noah, I have "two of each" and many a time one of my lenses works perfectly well (or only needs a little AF microadjustment) on body A but can't be made to work (i.e. achieve sharp images) on body B.

Did you try this lens on another camera? If you did, I missed it in the many replies and posts, if you didn't it might be worth your while to try it.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.