Butterflies, Moths and Assorted Insects...

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Well, I also prefer a macro lens for this kind of shots. The problem is that I don't like to change lenses in the field and most importantly: my macro lens was occupied by my daughter (plus one of my back up bodies) so I practically have no macro lens:unsure:.
Here you have few shots taken by my daughter (I'm posting with her permission!) - always hand-held and always in the field (windy or not...). BTW she doesn't think only the butterflies are beautiful:)!
Edited: I forgot to mention the lens - 105mm Sigma (macro)

View attachment 195282View attachment 195283View attachment 195284
She beats out her dad! Insects are fascinating.

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
She beats out her dad! Insects are fascinating.
You just put two facts on the table! I'm happy she still has no interest for birds (actually she doesn't like my last photos of the White-rumped Shama in the Bird Portraits: "It just ate my model!!!":ROFLMAO:) - otherwise I could be eliminated from there too (sooner or later but first she has to learn how to sneak to the birds).

Valvebounce

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ISv.
Your daughter has taken some stunning shots, the plane of the focus on the first one is lovely, just falling oof at the tail.

Cheers, Graham.

Well, I also prefer a macro lens for this kind of shots. The problem is that I don't like to change lenses in the field and most importantly: my macro lens was occupied by my daughter (plus one of my back up bodies) so I practically have no macro lens:unsure:.
Here you have few shots taken by my daughter (I'm posting with her permission!) - always hand-held and always in the field (windy or not...). BTW she doesn't think only the butterflies are beautiful:)!
Edited: I forgot to mention the lens - 105mm Sigma (macro)

View attachment 195282View attachment 195283View attachment 195284