Camera bag for 70-200mm 2.8 mounted

Nov 17, 2013
Oh boy, oh girl,
How difficult life can be.
I can't find the right camera bag for me.
I've got a F-stop Tilopa for my gear when I am on holiday.
I've also got the Billingham Hadley Pro. A very nice, waterproof bag. I like this one. Stylish with character. Although, that's my opinion. Now I am looking for another, stylish bag, to store my mark5dIII and 70-200 2.8 vertically.
Why? When I go for a shoot in the forest or for some portraits I like to bring this combination in a bag.
I want a bag in the same style as the Billingham. I've looked at the Billingham Hadley Large. A bit bulky with the 70-200. The Hadley Large Pro, a bit too big, I think.
The TT Retro 20? Mmmm, I've read about the bad padding. True?
Does this style meet the style of Billingham?
Or is it better to walk around with the 70-200 unmounted?
Please, ......

Mitch.Conner

It was all a lie.
Nov 7, 2013
Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 seems to fit the bill. That's what I use right now. I have the V2.0, which has been discontinued - but the Classic looks to be more or less the same. I can carry a 5D3 with 70-200 mounted with room to spare. I can even do it with the battery grip attached, but it's a bit tight because of the center zipper design.

Right now I'm looking for something bigger that has wheels to help me deal with a back problem, but I still plan to keep the Urban Disguise 60 V2.0.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
FTb-n said:
I use a ThinkTank Digital Holster 30 V2.0 on a padded Pro Speed Belt. The belt seems easier to carry than a shoulder bag and this holster expands so you can leave the hood in shooting position -- very handy.

+1 on the TT Digital Holsters. Have 2 DH 50's ....gripped 7D + 70-200 f/2.8 in one, gripped 7D MK II + 400 f5.6 in the other. Perfect for 'grab and go' shooting.

Upvote 0