Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Astro

i want this .. i want such a canon camera!!

http://fstoppers.com/new-rumor-good-news-for-the-nikon-d600

The Goods:

– 24.7MP Full-Frame Sensor — Could it be more perfect?
– 5fps, 2 SD card slots
– ISO 100-6400 (Lo 50 – Hi 25,600)
– Built-in AF motor (so AF-S lenses won’t be mandatory)
– 1080p at 30, 35, 24 — 720p at 60, 50, 30, 25
– HDMI output
– 100% viewfinder coverage for FX, 97% DX
– Just slightly lighter than the D800 (about 800g v. 900g)
– Will likely be weather sealed
– 39 AF Points
– Could be as cheap as $1500! — D3x was already killed by the D800…but Nikon obviously doesn’t mind beating it down further…

The “Bad”:

– No built-in GPS — This goes against what we thought earlier, but honestly, we’d all much rather have an AF motor and a weather-sealed body than a silly GPS chip that few will actually need. That saves most of us a little change, too, since we won’t ‘have’ to buy an external GPS attachment if we don’t want to.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Meet us below in the comments section!

Kingnog said:
This is a rumor...you might not see a Nikon like that either.

There were rumors of the 36MP D800 back in September and October (maybe even earlier), and everybody called BS.

And as far as I can tell, rumors about Canon, Nikon, Leica or any other camera maker have pretty much been right, or not too far off.

Andy

Upvote 0
hyles said:
5DII in not mutch more expensive, quite similar spec.
Similar specs? Are you serious?

– 5fps, 2 SD card slots
– 39 AF Points

I wish there is a easy way to sell all my Canon stuff and switch to Nikon. I know that's most likely not going to happen. So disappointed with Canon.

Upvote 0
cliffwang said:
hyles said:
5DII in not mutch more expensive, quite similar spec.
Similar specs? Are you serious?

– 5fps, 2 SD card slots
– 39 AF Points

I wish there is a easy way to sell all my Canon stuff and switch to Nikon. I know that's most likely not going to happen. So disappointed with Canon.

Go for it... no ones holding you back

Upvote 0
cliffwang said:

The specs are only rumors, but even if only half of it is true Canon has to do something.

However, it's important to differentiate between things Canon can and cannot do. They cannot compete with Sony's sensor tech. However, they can release a ff body at $2000 that is actually usable and has a better af than the 5d2. I'd wish you'd start selling your gear and let Canon know about it, because that's the only way to make them listen. Let's see how much the 440rt flash will cost. $200 like the 430ex2 or $400?

awinphoto said:

Of course this is the message of the day in a Canon enthusiast forum, if people aren't prepared to pay $3500 for an up-to date camera body, it's their own fault. But seriously, if there aren't any hidden drawbacks and the price would be indeed around $1500, Canon is toast in the mid-range segment, and rightly so.

The 5d2 with its af isn't comparable, though it runs magic lantern which is the reason I got a Canon dslr in the first place. I'm holding back any further Canon purchases until the very moment I really need them to see what Canon does next.

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
awinphoto said:

Of course this is the message of the day in a Canon enthusiast forum, if people aren't prepared to pay $3500 for an up-to date camera body, it's their own fault. But seriously, if there aren't any hidden drawbacks and the price would be indeed around $1500, Canon is toast in the mid-range segment, and rightly so.

The 5d2 with its af isn't comparable, though it runs magic lantern which is the reason I got a Canon dslr in the first place. I'm holding back any further Canon purchases until the very moment I really need them to see what Canon does next.
I used to be a big fan of Canon camera. Recently I actually have stopped my Canon upgrade after I see 3.5K 5D3 and 2.3K 24-70mm MK2. I might really switch to Nikon if Canon still tries to make more money from its royal customer.
To awinphoto:
We all want both Canon and Nikon make better and cheaper cameras for us. Don't be so childish.

Upvote 0
L

llcanon

cliffwang said:
Marsu42 said:
awinphoto said:

I used to be a big fan of Canon camera. Recently I actually have stopped my Canon upgrade after I see 3.5K 5D3 and 2.3K 24-70mm MK2. I might really switch to Nikon if Canon still tries to make more money from its royal customer.
To awinphoto:
We all want both Canon and Nikon make better and cheaper cameras for us. Don't be so childish.

I am OK with a 3.5K 5D3. It's absolutely amazing. A 2.3K 24-70 is a little too much. Actually it does not appear that you have invested a lot on Canon's glass. Those amazing lenses have very good resale values. Maybe it's time to switch to D800. Or you can give the 5d3 a try first. It's amazing.

Upvote 0
S

stevenrrmanir

llcanon said:
cliffwang said:
Marsu42 said:
awinphoto said:

To awinphoto:

I am OK with a 3.5K 5D3. It's absolutely amazing. A 2.3K 24-70 is a little too much. Actually it does not appear that you have invested a lot on Canon's glass. Those amazing lenses have very good resale values. Maybe it's time to switch to D800. Or you can give the 5d3 a try first. It's amazing.

spoken like a true fanboy!

so, you are saying the D600 with those specs at under $1500 is NOT worth, but the Canon 5D MKIII at more than double the price, $3500 is worth it?

Upvote 0
L

llcanon

stevenrrmanir said:
llcanon said:
cliffwang said:
Marsu42 said:
awinphoto said:

To awinphoto:

so, you are saying the D600 with those specs at under $1500 is NOT worth, but the Canon 5D MKIII at more than double the price, $3500 is worth it?

LOL.... Man, you just hate this camera or Canon. 3.5k is very well worth! Have you used one? If not, I suggest you do. If you have and felt Canon robbed you, return it. A rumored 1.5K for rumored specs is an amazing dream. I wish it come true...

Upvote 0
drjlo said:
In all honesty, since fewer people actual swap brands than imagined, the D600 (if true as spec'd) will eat mostly into other Nikon sales, especially D800 and D3X. I know Nikon shooters who do not want 36 MP and are waiting for a lower MP full frame body.

I do not know about this. I have seen many polls on many photo websites where most people indicate that they have between 1 & 2 lenses. With an entry level FF conceivably targeted at the Crop upgrader, these 1-2 lenses are most likely EFS in any case. So an upgrade to FF means new lenses to most people, so there isn't really "swapping systems" and a cheap Nikon might just steal a lot of Canonites as well

hyles said:
5DII in not mutch more expensive, quite similar spec. And you don't have to wait to get it.
I think 5DII will shortly be less expensive, becoming entry level FF for a few month, till a new cheaper body will be relased.
Diego

Why, since the 5DIII, do so many people see a 3-4 year old camera to be Canon's answer to the entry level FF market. And really, it is in no way similarly specced to the rumoured Nikon

I for one would appreciate a rebel FF. Only Canon I would upgrade to new - the rest is kijiji for me

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

stevenrrmanir said:
llcanon said:
cliffwang said:
Marsu42 said:
awinphoto said:

To awinphoto:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.