Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600

Status
Not open for further replies.
briansquibb said:
Marsu42 said:
briansquibb said:
For the record when the D60 was released Nikon were caught out - and they were more expensive

Those were the times - dpreview states the d60 has "Excellent resolution, lives up to the six megapixel label" and "Noise very low all the way up to ISO 400" :) ... but then again in 2022 everybody will smile at the puny 5d2/5d3 sensor, too.

Ironically a web image requires a D60 image to be cropped ....... so is there a market for an A1 IQ body with a sensor of about 4mps?
1Dmk1 buddy can be had very very cheap still has 45 point AF and a solid AI servo, tons of pattern noise if you try push shadows though
I sold mine for $500 though :)

Upvote 0
I

iris chrome

dilbert said:
Rumored D600 top LCD panel....

Nikon-D600-LCD-screen.jpg

Lots of nice features there.

Actually that's the middle section of the D800's rear display.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2012
cliffwang said:
Wow! Super old thread alive again.

yap...and i want to resume an important line from the first post

– Could be as cheap as $1500! — D3x was already killed by the D800…but Nikon obviously doesn’t mind beating it down further…

too bad is $2100 (in europe we have 2385€ for ireland, 2150€ for germany and 1956£ for england)...not exactly a low price

Upvote 0
Just one comment concerning "Canon, are you listening - Nikon d600":

Canon obviously has listened and at least made one clever move with the 6d low light af that will probably outperform the 5d3 and the d600 - the latter is *not* the event photog's cheap full frame dream according to the dpreview preview: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d600/12

Another area in which the D600 lags behind the D800 is its AF sensitivity in poor light. The D800 is rated for accurate focus in light as low as EV-2, which is approximately equivalent to moonlight. In use, we've found this to be true. The D600 is rated down to EV-1, and in normal use, with a 50mm F1.4 prime mounted, we've found that indeed, the D800 is the better tool in low light. But when shooting low-contrast targets at EV levels between 0-1, the difference between the two cameras is only noticeable at the point where we could barely perceive our subject in their viewfinders. The Canon EOS 6D has an AF system rated down to -3EV, and we will perform more in-depth comparisons between this and the D600 when the 6D becomes available.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Marsu42 said:
RLPhoto said:
DEAD THREAD.

No, it isn't, you and me just posted :) ... and it seemed the appropriate thread for this piece of information. Will surely get attention because you cannot unsubscribe to threads in this forum :->

The resurrection has arrived to CR forums. :p

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:

It is often interesting to read former predictions after the release of the actual product - the 6d will be no different, I'm esp. looking forward to the "real life" dpreview af comparison between the d600 and 6d, Canon might have found a nice for the 6d after all beyond the obvious gps-tourism.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Marsu42 said:
RLPhoto said:

It is often interesting to read former predictions after the release of the actual product - the 6d will be no different, I'm esp. looking forward to the "real life" dpreview af comparison between the d600 and 6d, Canon might have found a nice for the 6d after all beyond the obvious gps-tourism.

The 6D will be a repackaged 5D2. If its anymore than this, My expectations are exceeded.

My only gripe is the lack of a multi-selector.

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
My only gripe is the lack of a multi-selector.

... and I'm ok with this since I've got a 60d and am used to this - so even if it's a 5d2 repackage with better low-light af, wifi (nice) and gps (idotic) I'm considering it because it's €1000 cheaper than the 5d3. Well, it won't be long until the first reviews.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.