Canon Designs Recognized with Internationally Renowned iF Design Awards for 29th Consecutive Year

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, June 22, 2023 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that seven Canon product designs were recognized by iF International Forum Design GmbH with prestigious 2023 iF Design Awards. It marks the 29th consecutive year that Canon has won iF Design Awards. Encouraged by the recognition of the Company’s

See full article...

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I love how the R7 is in there.
People seemed to dislike its new body design, when it launched, but I much prefer it over the "traditional" style.
I should really get my hands on an R7, I could never get comfortable with the R5, but the R7 looks a lot better to me in regards to ergonomics.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Thank you, Luigi Colani, for setting the basis of the modern ergonomic camera design with the Canon T90.
(I should ask my brother if he still owns his).
And thank you, Canon engineers, for giving us such a good and (almost) intuitive UI.
And thank you, competition, to drive the development on and on.

Reactions: 1 users
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
iF isn't TIPA.
"winners" need to pay iF money for awards, just like TIPA its a paid award.
iF Design.PNG

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
View attachment 209840

They need to pay to enter, not to win.

• Sad
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
View attachment 209840
The Winner's fee is kind of strange.
The jury fee is kind of standard but I am not sure that I understand getting charged extra for winning.
They are part of the terms of participation but I guess I do not understand the losers not paying the same.
iF is non profit,

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Winner's fee is kind of strange.
The jury fee is kind of standard but I am not sure that I understand getting charged extra for winning.
They are part of the terms of participation but I guess I do not understand the losers not paying the same.
iF is non profit,
Not really. If you get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you have to pay for it. It's like $50K I think. These entities need revenue to exist.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
IF is far more serious than TIPA.
TIPA: you pay, you win. Lots of c..p has won TIPA.
IF: if industrial design is excellent, you can win. As far as I know, IF is not profit driven, but testing, checking and analysing aren't for free. Thus the entrance fee.
I always check their categories, I have seen some pretty amazing things. I may have bought one or two of them from new companies.

Upvote 0