Kernuak said:
Daniel Flather said:
72609370.jpg
Works well in B&W.

Loch Etive in May by Kernuak, on Flickr

Loch Etive in Stormy Weather by Kernuak, on Flickr

Moorland Habitat by Kernuak, on Flickr

Aigas Moorland by Kernuak, on Flickr

Oh that water mark really hurts your composition, maybe if you put it in the bottom left? nice shots though
Thanks. The watermark is transferred from my website to Flickr and is designed to discourage theft, without being too obtrusive. Sometimes there are necessary compromises to be made.

Upvote 0
Re: Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 II L USM

MarkWebbPhoto said:
Unfortunately I didn't have a 77mm ND filter so I hit f/20 with my Elinchrom Ranger RX but it turned out good enough! I posted another one of Paige in the 200mm f/2.0 section but it was an amazing shoot :)

What'd you do for all the colors? Post increased the saturation/vibrance? faux-HDR?

Upvote 0
M

MarkWebbPhoto

Drizzt321 said:
MarkWebbPhoto said:
Unfortunately I didn't have a 77mm ND filter so I hit f/20 with my Elinchrom Ranger RX but it turned out good enough! I posted another one of Paige in the 200mm f/2.0 section but it was an amazing shoot :)

What'd you do for all the colors? Post increased the saturation/vibrance? faux-HDR?

Yeah I edited in camera raw 7.0 and boosted vibrance and saturation then ran it through a filter. I recently picked up Alien Skin and I often tweak one of the presets and then i adjust the opacity of the new layer until it looks good (usually 50%)

Upvote 0

Bosman said:
The 24L II is my fav food lens too!
One of the things I like about the 24L MkII is the close minimum focusing distance and while food and product photography isn't something I get excited about, it shows off the low levels of distortion from the lens.

Orange Dusk at Watchet by Kernuak, on Flickr

Watchet Summer Sunset by Kernuak, on Flickr

Upvote 0

Kernuak said:
Bosman said:
The 24L II is my fav food lens too!
One of the things I like about the 24L MkII is the close minimum focusing distance and while food and product photography isn't something I get excited about, it shows off the low levels of distortion from the lens.

Orange Dusk at Watchet by Kernuak, on Flickr

Watchet Summer Sunset by Kernuak, on Flickr
very low distortion, correct! :D

Upvote 0

LostArk said:
Kernuak said:
I plan on using it for some portraits tomorrow. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but it should be a good experience.

I love the 24 1.4 for environmental portraits.

5D2 1/160 f/1.4 ISO 3200

Untitled by Nοah Fence, on Flickr
I don't use F1.4 much it is amazing what F1.4 looks like for a wide lens like this. Was this a crop? It seems you would need to be 4ft away from her but the it is really tightly framed by her ball cap suggesting you were even closer. Looks like you have you done many portraits with the 24 from your postings. Nice work. You have a focus in concert photography?

Upvote 0

Bosman said:
I don't use F1.4 much it is amazing what F1.4 looks like for a wide lens like this. Was this a crop? It seems you would need to be 4ft away from her but the it is really tightly framed by her ball cap suggesting you were even closer. Looks like you have you done many portraits with the 24 from your postings. Nice work. You have a focus in concert photography?

I only crop vertically since I prefer 16:9 or even 2.39:1. In the above photo she was less than 2 feet away. This lens is pure magic for it's ability to grab a subjects surroundings and add context to portraits.

5D2, 1/200 f/2 ISO 3200

Untitled by Nοah Fence, on Flickr

In the above photo my subject was less than 3 feet away.

I find street portraits and concert photography the most fun, but I've been wanting to get into event, architecture and landscape. I've only been shooting "seriously" for about 8 months.

Upvote 0

Bosman said:
Kernuak said:
I plan on using it for some portraits tomorrow. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but it should be a good experience.
good luck mr.
Thanks, I'm still processing, but I got some with my 50mm f/1.4 I'm really happy with (ok I had some help with the ligthing) and I got some with the 24 too, so I'll post them when I get there. The best ones were in the railway workshop.

Upvote 0