Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

jonjt

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 19, 2012
K-amps said:
Nice panning Jon.

Would have been even better with the car on left side facing the open frame of the shot. Rigth now that abrupt ending is a bit distracting.
Thanks K-amps.

I was actually going for panning shot with the car on the left side of the frame for most of the event. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to produce a good shot, for a number of reasons. This one came out the best, IMO. Next time I go to a track day, I will definitely give your suggestions a "shot".

Schultzie

EOS M6 Mark II
Aug 25, 2012
www.flickr.com
K-amps said:
Schultzie said:
K-amps said:
Nice shot!

Manual exposure? -EV at work?

I love the darker exposures like this but only get them in manual...
Thanks! No, this was shot in Av mode at f/4.0 with no EV.
What did you meter on and what was the WB set at?
I have my meter set to evaluative metering and my WB set on auto. I shoot RAW so I just tweaked the WB in Lightroom.

serendipidy

EOS 5D Mark IV
May 7, 2012
After dreaming about this lens for a long time, I finally got it 5 days ago. This was my first shot...a pigeon near my yard.

7D, f/5.0, 1/250, ISO 100 @ 200mm. Cropped and some PP in DPP.

Attachments

K-amps

EOS 5D Mark IV
Aug 8, 2011
Indianapolis
Schultzie said:
K-amps said:
Schultzie said:
K-amps said:
Nice shot!

Manual exposure? -EV at work?

I love the darker exposures like this but only get them in manual...
Thanks! No, this was shot in Av mode at f/4.0 with no EV.
What did you meter on and what was the WB set at?
I have my meter set to evaluative metering and my WB set on auto. I shoot RAW so I just tweaked the WB in Lightroom.
Not sure what you tweaked, myself I often increase blacks... just seems to increase the "purity" of the image (like in yours) and remove Haze....

wayno

EOS RP
Oct 8, 2012
I just love this lens. I don't shoot a great deal with it but when I do, I realise how stellar it is in both functionality/handling and results. I need to find more excuses to use it...

dbduchene

EOS M50
Nov 11, 2011
I too love this lens and find that it sits in my bag and then when I get it out I wonder why I haven't used it more but then I have to say that about all of the lenses in my bag or at least all of the canon lenses. I guess that really I just need to shoot a lot more