Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

lastcoyote

5D Mark III
Sep 19, 2012
Brighton, England
Yay!..just upgraded my 70-200 f/4 IS to the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II today! ;D
Been lusting after it for a while. Nothing wrong at all with the f/4 IS, in fact IQ is pretty close but I just really wanted to have the f2.8 for the obvious reasons. Perfectly compliments my 24-70 f/2.8L II too.
Lovely to have that nice bright view through the viewfinder too, something I always missed with the f/4.
Boy is it heavy though :eek: I knew it would be of course but still made my eyes widen when I first picked it up and attached it to my 5D MK III. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. If I didn't need the money I'd probably keep the f/4 IS lens for those times when I need to 'go light'. But alas I need to sell it to help towards paying off my new lens.

I got it here in the UK with £200 cashback from Canons latest promotion thats now running.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Thanks guys. An update. After hanging on for a whole day, he decided to move and fell down :(

My wife picked him up and deposited him back on the shrub in the pot on the terrace. There are about 6 of them there now. I hope I get to photograph a butterfly emerging...

Does anyone know what kind it is? I see lime butterflies, black Mormons, tailed jays and one that looks like a tiger...

Upvote 0
Went to an airshow over the weekend.

Not so keen on the 2nd image, had to do a fair bit too it in lightroom to bring out detail, remove overexposed parts and a lot of NR to try and reduced the impact of haze which was fairly bad that day, although better than the rain/drizzle of the previous day. May also have been a touch slow on the shutter speed with the P51 too, doesn't seem quite sharp to me.

Red Arrows by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

P51 Mustang by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Unattended

2M0C5832.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0