Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America

pwp

EOS R6
Oct 25, 2010
2,530
24
They're shipping in Australia. I had a call from my pro dealer in Sydney yesterday saying my 1DX was ready to be picked up.

PW
 
M

MomentForeverImage

Guest
called vistek in toronto last week. they said there will be shipments of 1DX coming in this week.. but CPS members get them first.... hope i could get mine soon!
 

kowalski

EOS M50
Jun 16, 2012
30
0
I got an email this morning from a store I had a cancelled preorder with and they told me they had one 1D X in stock and if I still would be interested.

I then called x&x (whom I had an early preorder with, before noon PST on 03/14)) to get a status update on my order and the rep I talked to verified my order and then spent some time to get more info. He then told me that "Canon has shipped a large quantity last weekend via UPS", and after spending a little more time digging deeper, he said that "we expect delivery on Tuesday for processing and my order SHOULD ship on the 5th or 6th of July".

Compared to a store that receives 1 or 2 cameras, 20 would be a large quantity, so that statement can be interpreted either way. And "should" does not mean "will", but there is definetely hope that the (long) wait is coming to an end. It also confirms postings from the last couple of weeks that some of the big stored here in the US will start shipping the first week of July.

I am sure people will start posting once they get tracking numbers, and I hope that will include me.
 

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
615
80
www.flickr.com
DrDeano said:
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

Cheers

Hey, it could've been worse -- at least they haven't announced the 1D X Mark II, yet! ;D
 

coltsfreak18

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 30, 2011
62
0
chrysek said:
friend of mine did order 1dx from B&H on 3/14, his order is 101989010x, wonder where he is in the line and if he will be able to get his from the 1st shipment... he is glad that B&H is huge store and they probably will get quite a few of them...
My number is quite similar to that; yours is a little lower than mine, which should be on the first shipment as told by a live chat rep. Congrats to your friend!
 

kowalski

EOS M50
Jun 16, 2012
30
0
DrDeano said:
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

If you ordered on 03/16/12 you probably have a TON of preorders ahead of you, considering that B&H started taking preorders 2 days earlier and there appears to be a TON of preorders just within the first few hours. So instead of beating up on B&H for not being able to give you detailed information of a preorder that is probaby hundreds if not thousands behind the first preorder you should ask yourself how you missed this important date by over 2 days...

Cheers
 

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
615
80
www.flickr.com
neuroanatomist said:
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

Me: Hi, any update on EOS 1D X deliveries?

B&H rep: ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Me: Ok, thank you.

B&H rep: There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me: Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

B&H rep: Sure will

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can't wait to see your 'unboxing' video. Cue the narrator!

"He can replace defective neurotransmitters ... with wireless flash transmitters.

He carries an 800mm lens wherever he goes ... in his back pocket.

He once filmed the unboxing of his brand new 1D X ... using his brand new 1D X.

He is ... the most interesting neuroanatomist in the world..."


;D
 

kowalski

EOS M50
Jun 16, 2012
30
0
DrDeano said:
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

Cheers

If you ordered on 03/16/12 you probably have a TON of preorders ahead of you, considering that B&H started taking preorders 2 days earlier and there appears to be a TON of preorders just within the first few hours. So instead of beating up on B&H for not being able to give you detailed information of a preorder that is probaby hundreds if not thousands behind the first preorder you should ask yourself how you missed this important date by over 2 days...
 

DrDeano

EOS M50
Jul 2, 2012
43
0
kowalski said:
If you ordered on 03/16/12 you probably have a TON of preorders ahead of you, considering that B&H started taking preorders 2 days earlier and there appears to be a TON of preorders just within the first few hours. So instead of beating up on B&H for not being able to give you detailed information of a preorder that is probaby hundreds if not thousands behind the first preorder you should ask yourself how you missed this important date by over 2 days...

I mentioned how I missed the day by 2 days, I had to sell my wife on the idea of spending $7,200 (body, spare battery, UDMA7 card) People were able to pre-order the camera for a short time in December, how are people who ordered in March getting the camera this week by your logic? Your guess of "probably hundreds if not thousands" is based off what exactly?

I guess I was hoping a company where I have spent the equivalent of 5 Detroit mansions worth of business could tell me where I stand in the queue. I don't think this hope is a stretch considering that others here are being told they will probably see their camera this week.

I'm not beating up on B&H. read my posts again where I praise the company. I am merely expressing my frustration with inconsistent communication and policy based on the mood of a CSR and a camera company that announced a camera in October then ships in July while in the meantime announces and meets all orders of another entire system (5DIII).

If someone told me, "Sir, there are 2,000 people ahead of you on the list and we're due a shipment of approximately 100 cameras this week"; then I would feel properly informed. There are purchasing agents who know EXACTLY how many cameras have been shipped, when they shipped and when they are due to arrive. Why is it that some folks "get to know" and others don't? Consistency yields trust, trust wins future business.

Off to ask myself again how I missed the important date by over 2 days...
 

marekjoz

EOS R
Oct 6, 2011
927
0
www.flickr.com
DJL329 said:
neuroanatomist said:
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

Me: Hi, any update on EOS 1D X deliveries?

B&H rep: ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Me: Ok, thank you.

B&H rep: There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me: Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

B&H rep: Sure will

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can't wait to see your 'unboxing' video. Cue the narrator!

"He can replace defective neurotransmitters ... with wireless flash transmitters.

He carries an 800mm lens wherever he goes ... in his back pocket.

He once filmed the unboxing of his brand new 1D X ... using his brand new 1D X.

He is ... the most interesting neuroanatomist in the world..."


;D

Neuro-Chuck? :)
 
M

mrcrsr

Guest
I got mine since the 23th of June.
from germany.
6299 EUR + 1000 EUR (for the dealer as a gift)

the wait was worth...
 

JR

EOS R
Sep 22, 2011
1,229
0
Canada
Canon Rumors said:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/"></a></div>
<strong>They’re coming!



</strong>We have unconfirmed reports that a few retailers in the US and Canada will be receiving their initial Canon EOS-1D X shipments this week.</p>
<p>We have reports they’ve shown up already in Montreal, Canada. I expect to get mine some time this week.</p>
<p><strong>B&H Photo



</strong>We can’t confirm, but we’ve heard B&H Photo has told preorder customers that they expect a shipment this week. The July 4, 2012 holiday may disrupt some shipping though.</p>
<p><strong>Preorder the Canon EOS-1D X at <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/827036-REG/Canon_5253B002_EOS_1D_X_Digital_SLR.html/BI/2466/KBID/3296" target="_blank">B&H</a> | <a href="http://www.adorama.com/ica1dx.html?kbid=64393" target="_blank">Adorama</a> | <a href="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=canorumo-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B005Y3T1AI" target="_blank">Amazon</a></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Do you know which store in Montreal got it already? I finally ordered mine from Camera Canada in Ontario but I will likely not get it for a while because I am not going to Olympic and Canon Canada seem pretty struck on this. Maybe I can get lucky if BH get a lot and get it from them instead - ok I am dreaming now!
 
V

vinfung88

Guest
Hey guys, I can confirm again that there is a high possibility that BH are receiving quite a lot of the 1DX in their first shipment. Just chatted with them over live chat, and I was told there is a high possibility for me to receive mine in the first shipment, so lets all wait impatiently! ;D
 

Moody Blues

EOS M50
Jul 2, 2012
46
0
vinfung88 said:
Hey guys, I can confirm again that there is a high possibility that BH are receiving quite a lot of the 1DX in their first shipment. Just chatted with them over live chat, and I was told there is a high possibility for me to receive mine in the first shipment, so lets all wait impatiently! ;D

What time did you order on March 14th? I am leaving town this weekend and would so love to take it with me...
 
V

vinfung88

Guest
Moody Blues said:
vinfung88 said:
Hey guys, I can confirm again that there is a high possibility that BH are receiving quite a lot of the 1DX in their first shipment. Just chatted with them over live chat, and I was told there is a high possibility for me to receive mine in the first shipment, so lets all wait impatiently! ;D

What time did you order on March 14th? I am leaving town this weekend and would so love to take it with me...

I cant exactly remember the time i ordered it. I was on a vacation, and i think it was around 3-4 hours when bh opened their 'doors' for preorder, and I immediately phoned in. My order number is 3801408xx. if you are leaving this weekend, im not very sure of the possibility to get one, because they have told me its higher chances that I will get it next week. gd luck!
 

helpful

Ecclesiastes 3:11
Mar 6, 2012
247
2
My 1D X order has shipped. I ordered from Crutchfield.

The crazy thing is that I just emailed them yesterday and they said "we still do not have an estimated arrival time"--and then it shipped this morning.

Does anyone else in the U.S. have a shipping notification yet?