Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
kowalski said:
bdunbar79 said:
Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it? I can never understand this.

That's me, thought I'd get a good deal on my 1Ds Mark III (which I did) a little before release of the 1D X, being completely oblivious to Canon's 1D announcment/delivery discrepancies...

Ok, well that's fair enough of a reason to sell then. I guess what I'm not familair with is Canon's track record for delays. Suppose they had a long history of delays, that's one thing. Or, probably the correct answer, is this NEW to the 1DX and 24-70 L II? Maybe nobody thought it would get delayed so badly because Canon had an excellent track record of on-time delivery on announced release dates?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
kowalski said:
That's me, thought I'd get a good deal on my 1Ds Mark III (which I did) a little before release of the 1D X, being completely oblivious to Canon's 1D announcment/delivery discrepancies...

In August, 2010 there were 5 lenses and 2 TCs announced. The TCs became available in Dec, 2010. The 8-15mm fisheye in July, 2011. The 300/400 II lenses in Nov/Dec 2011. The 500/600 II lenses started shipping in May/June, 2012 - a delay of close to two years.

How's that for a track record?

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
kowalski said:

In August, 2010 there were 5 lenses and 2 TCs announced. The TCs became available in Dec, 2010. The 8-15mm fisheye in July, 2011. The 300/400 II lenses in Nov/Dec 2011. The 500/600 II lenses started shipping in May/June, 2012 - a delay of close to two years.

How's that for a track record?

That's just what I was afraid of.

Upvote 0

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
Crapking said:
Crapking said:
koolkurkle said:
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

Has the shipping info been updated?
On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else. Is it actually en route?

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery. Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later. I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9. Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

The wait is finally over...the little black box is here and I will not be, for awhile at least, while enjoying/learning/comparing my bodies before heading off to the Galapagos Islands for a week. Wonder if my 1Dx will be the first to retrace Darwin's journey ??

Upvote 0
I just got my shipping notice from Adorama that my 1DX is on its way. Great timing too, since FedEx seems completely unable to deliver my 5D3 back from Canon service...they can't seem to figure out a perfectly written address and I even have a note to them written on the front door to my condo...oh well. Hopefully the 1DX is coming via UPS.

For those still waiting, I put my order in with Adorama back in October when they were only accepting phone in pre-orders. I called last week and their first shipment had already gone out, so this must be a second batch.

Upvote 0
n0iZe said:
I want my 1D X as well :-[

I'm getting jealous. All you people have got shipment notices and I still do not know when I'll finally get mine. :(

Today I stopped being jealous - I have just picked up my 1D X from my local store and I'm sooo happy!
Only thing bothering me is that the charger takes long to charge the battery haha. But oh well, even 20 seconds would be too long atm.

Upvote 0
I just got notice that my 1DX has shipped from Crutchfield this afternoon and will be in my hands by early next week! The amazing part is that I just got on Crutchfield's pre-order list on 7/11, and it shipped out today! (Big Thanks to Sephknite for posting about his similar experience with them!).

I am posting this in a couple of threads to both give kudos to Crutchfield for an awesome turn around time and to let the rest of you know that if you are "far back" in a queue at one of the other vendors and really want the camera as fast as possible, you should at least consider getting on the Crutchfield list, as they, like others, don't charge your card until the camera ships. They seem to have a very "short" queue right now (last I read was 8 in line, and now I'm out of the line and so is the guy in front of me).

I had been one of the first to order on Amazon, within two hours of when the camera became available for pre-order on 3/16. Since then, I have not been able to get a bit of information out of Amazon about either where I was in the queue or when they expected to receive a shipment. After receiving my shipping confirmation from Crutchfield, I canceled my Amazon order. Now looking forward to getting the camera in my hands next week.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.