Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmwave v1.6.0 changelog posted, download now available

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon is releasing new firmware for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark III in the next 24 hours, depending on where you are. You can download any version you may come across.
Download Firmware v1.6.0 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

Improves head detection performance to support helmets or goggles in winter sports.
Eliminates the center press operation of the multi-controller to prevent accidentally transferring images during FTP transfer.
Adds the ability, when the Rating function is assigned to the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

sfericean

R3, R5, R6 x 2, & 1DXIII x 2
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
I have a couple of 1DX Mark III's from work. I was able to scoop up the update early off of Canon Hong Kong. So far so good. I'm interested especially in the "take a picture" to custom white balance. You get five slots for custom white balance. I tried it at home and I felt like it was rather cool. The AWB seemed perfect, but the custom seemed very cool in comparison. Hoping to get out tonight to shoot some sports. We'll see how well it works on the soccer pitch with so-so high school lighting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Done. Took quite a few minutes to complete so don't panic if it sits on zero for a while, it will eventually start to install. Look forward to seeing if theres any benefit in performance at the weekend with some sports action.
Same with the R5 - it sat on zero for what seemed like forever, and I really began to wonder if something was wrong. Luckily I adhered to the warning not to touch any buttons or turn the camera off, and then, VERY slowly, the update began - 1%, long wait, 2%, long wait ...... and it was something of a relief when it reached 100%.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0