Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

I ordered from BH on the 25th as soon as I possibly could .. as of today the 12th, it still has not shipped. I ordered the package with the 24-105 lens.. I wish I had known it wouldn't be in stock, I would have ordered somewhere else that would have had it. Does anyone know if it's available anywhere else right now? I was hoping to have it for a shoot this coming weekend.

Upvote 0

szinski

5D3 / 5D4 / EOS R
Aug 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
www.zinfoto.com
cal_gecko said:
I ordered from BH on the 25th as soon as I possibly could .. as of today the 12th, it still has not shipped. I ordered the package with the 24-105 lens.. I wish I had known it wouldn't be in stock, I would have ordered somewhere else that would have had it. Does anyone know if it's available anywhere else right now? I was hoping to have it for a shoot this coming weekend.

That lens won't be available until October 31. Therefore, the kit with that lens won't be available until that date.

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
cal_gecko said:

It said on the B&H website that it wouldn't be available until October.

Upvote 0
DannyPwins said:
cal_gecko said:

Crap - I wish those dirtbags would have told me that when I inquired about my order on Friday and yesterday. Does anyone have the body in stock now? I'll cancel my order with BH and order the body somewhere else and buy the lens later

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2016
USA
cal_gecko said:
DannyPwins said:
cal_gecko said:

Crap - I wish those dirtbags would have told me that when I inquired about my order on Friday and yesterday. Does anyone have the body in stock now? I'll cancel my order with BH and order the body somewhere else and buy the lens later
Amazon is finally shipping the "preorders" today. I think best buy has some bodies for sale.

Upvote 0
cal_gecko said:
DannyPwins said:
cal_gecko said:

http://www.focuscamera.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-dslr-camera-body-only.html

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
cal_gecko said:
DannyPwins said:
cal_gecko said:

LMAO LMAO

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
IF U LIVE IN NYC/NJ AREA AND ORDERED FROM B&H save $$ and time take the train or drive too warehouse (AT BROOKLYN NAVY YARD BUILDING 664 F train too York Street or A/C train too High Street) and pick up ya camera UPS WILL DELIVER BY 5-6PM EVERYWHERE so unless u cant wait all day be proactive and go get yours like i did on launch day

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
cal_gecko said:
DannyPwins said:
cal_gecko said:

At the time I ordered mine (body only) they said expected availability was Sept. 13th. The website is now saying "expected availability" is Sept. 14th. I called to ask about this and they pretty much blamed it on Canon. They said they were expecting a large shipment from them and that was the date they were given, but it hasn't arrived yet. I feel they are just throwing dates up there to get people to order from them, thinking they would have it in stock before other retailers. At this point I honestly don't expect by camera before October.

Upvote 0
For all those that are still waiting on their preorders to fill, I highly recommend cancelling your order and going with Focus Camera. I had preordered from Adorama and didn't make the first shipment so I decided to take a chance with Focus Camera. Placed my order last Thurs afternoon, they shipped out Friday with overnight and I received it yesterday (Monday). They have a promotion that includes a free 64GB Lexar CF card which is awesome. As of now, their website still shows the body-only option as in-stock. Order by 2pm EST and I believe they'll ship out same day.

www.focuscamera.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-dslr-camera-body-only.html

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
cal_gecko said:
Thanks guys - I contacted Focus today, placed my order for the body and free 64gb card - they're arriving tomorrow. Contacted BH and cancelled my order. Was super happy with the entire experience with Focus.

Glad to see it worked out for you. I took someone on the forum's advice and ordered from kenmorecamera.com in Washington state. I canceled my B&H order because they keep giving me the runaround about when the camera was expected to ship. I checked earlier today and the website still said that if ordered today it was "expected to ship" tomorrow. They have since removed such wording from the site. As I mentioned in my previous post, they said mine was "expected to ship" on the 13th. I ordered from Kenmore and it's shipped two hours later (free 2-day shipping). I'll get it by Friday for the latest. They still have more body-only units in stock if anyone is looking for one. I would have ordered from Focus too, but they're based in NJ where I live and I would've had to pay 7% sales tax.

Upvote 0