Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

rpritch said:
Has anyone who ordered direct through Canon received notification of shipment. I preordered the day it was announced, but have heard nothing. Their website says that the body-only is in stock, so I would assume that my order would be shipped today. On the other hand, I would have expected to receive word from Canon.

I see it as out of stock at the moment

Upvote 0
Meanwhile all of you desperate waiting your free shipping of Canon 5d Mark IV today or at least tomorrow, I could buy today 30 pieces!!! of this camera in Germany. No people waiting and sitting on the street since 25th August, no queues, no "Apple" hype. Somehow I did not get warm with this camera. It supposed to be great, no doubts. I'll wait until Christmas or the first firmware upgrade, or the price drops, whichever occurs first :p. For all others - happy testing of your brand new Canon 5d Mk4!!

Upvote 0
Just got my shipping notification from B&H ordered on 9:11PST!

rolandas said:
Meanwhile all of you desperate waiting your free shipping of Canon 5d Mark IV today or at least tomorrow, I could buy today 30 pieces!!! of this camera in Germany. No people waiting and sitting on the street since 25th August, no queues, no "Apple" hype. Somehow I did not get warm with this camera. It supposed to be great, no doubts. I'll wait until Christmas or the first firmware upgrade, or the price drops, whichever occurs first :p. For all others - happy testing of your brand new Canon 5d Mk4!!

There aren't people in the States waiting and lining up on the street for this camera... just a lot of people order it from another state or an online retailer to avoid tax. I could go to my local Best Buy or camera store to buy one but pay a few hundred dollars more that I would like to avoid.

Upvote 0

LoneRider

Profession Geek.
Oct 4, 2011
Great state of Texas
Upvote 0
w.lu said:
There aren't people in the States waiting and lining up on the street for this camera... just a lot of people order it from another state or an online retailer to avoid tax. I could go to my local Best Buy or camera store to buy one but pay a few hundred dollars more that I would like to avoid.

If I order online to pick up later in N.Y., what should I do to avoid sales tax?

Upvote 0

szinski

5D3 / 5D4 / EOS R
Aug 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
www.zinfoto.com
rolandas said:
If I order online to pick up later in N.Y., what should I do to avoid sales tax?

I think you're out of luck. From B&H's website:

Local Sales Tax

If the order is shipped within New York State , the law requires that local sales tax be added to the order total including the amount of the shipping charge.

We do not collect tax for orders shipped out of New York State. Purchases in our store are subject to an 8.875% local sales tax. This tax is not a VAT, and cannot be recovered by non-USA visitors when returning home.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/SalesTax.jsp

Upvote 0
CharlesMichael said:
WeekendWarrior said:
Just for reference - I placed my order Body Only from B&H on 8/29 and It looks like It just shipped out

wow 8/29?? so much for orders being processed "in the order they are received" .......

Maybe they had a big batch and/or there weren't as many preorders.

Upvote 0