Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

I was just on Chat with Amazon support and they said my camera was shipping out tonight.

"Okay so i have made checks to the product database for your item and i am seeing where the item is to be shipped out tonight as they are now in the fulfillment center, So by morning you will get a email with the tracking number and delivery date. So no need to worry as i personally took care of this for you today. "

Upvote 0

LoneRider

Profession Geek.
Oct 4, 2011
Great state of Texas
Forrestbro said:
I was just on Chat with Amazon support and they said my camera was shipping out tonight.

"Okay so i have made checks to the product database for your item and i am seeing where the item is to be shipped out tonight as they are now in the fulfillment center, So by morning you will get a email with the tracking number and delivery date. So no need to worry as i personally took care of this for you today. "

Interesting, when I was chatting with Amazon today around 11am CST, they could not do squat for me on my order. Had no idea when or if I would ever get a flipping camera.

Amazon is likely also going to lose my followup lens purchases. Before the end of the year I will likely get a 16-35/F4 from Canon and a 20mm F1.4 from Sigma. I know, not high, high dollar, but I will likely go local again.

I don't want to sound like I am one of those people that is just plain old discontent. Today was actually a great day, I think I will get value from the local dealer, and it will be good to support him. But I also had a great experience at the motorcycle shop on the way home.

Upvote 0
LoneRider said:
Forrestbro said:

Interesting, when I was chatting with Amazon today around 11am CST, they could not do squat for me on my order. Had no idea when or if I would ever get a flipping camera.

Amazon is likely also going to lose my followup lens purchases. Before the end of the year I will likely get a 16-35/F4 from Canon and a 20mm F1.4 from Sigma. I know, not high, high dollar, but I will likely go local again.

I don't want to sound like I am one of those people that is just plain old discontent. Today was actually a great day, I think I will get value from the local dealer, and it will be good to support him. But I also had a great experience at the motorcycle shop on the way home.

Yeah, it's strange that Amazon is not updating people better. I just check my Amazon order statues and it's still saying the same delivery estimate message "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I was about to run to Best Buy and pick one up because I didn't think Amazon was going to ship today.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2016
I just gave up and canceled my amazon pre-order. I am going into Best Buy tomorrow. Is the Protection Plan worth getting with this camera? $299 for three years... I have insurance on all of my gear so I suppose I should just let that cover the camera if needed? Was anybody successful in getting a price match for the $200 gift card amazon was suppose to give you for pre-ordering the camera?

Upvote 0

LoneRider

Profession Geek.
Oct 4, 2011
Great state of Texas
nigel said:
I gave up on Amazon and went to Best Buy. Got a new credit card, $400 in Best Buy credit and the camera tonight. Coming from a 6D, it feels like a great upgrade. Probably know in a few days.

I am coming from a 7D, and so far the step up is AMAZING.

The attached photo is at ISO5000, with my 100-400 and 1.4X converter wide open (F8) at 1/250th handheld, with a very small bit of work in LR.

Attachments

• FI0A3197.jpg
    FI0A3197.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
LoneRider said:
nigel said:
I gave up on Amazon and went to Best Buy. Got a new credit card, $400 in Best Buy credit and the camera tonight. Coming from a 6D, it feels like a great upgrade. Probably know in a few days.

The attached photo is at ISO5000, with my 100-400 and 1.4X converter wide open (F8) at 1/250th handheld, with a very small bit of work in LR.
That was the first combination I tried also. I wanted to see the autofocus work with the 1.4x and 100-400. I connected the camera to my ipad and the images look good. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
jtaylor said:
LoneRider said:

That is one blurry picture of the moon.

I thought it was just me..

Upvote 0

LoneRider

Profession Geek.
Oct 4, 2011
Great state of Texas
jtaylor said:
LoneRider said:

That is one blurry picture of the moon.

Not perfect for sure, but ISO5000, I am used to getting nervous at ISO640. I was being purposefully hard on the camera.

It is going to take a while to get used to seeing ISO1000+ as being normal.

And gosh, the shutter sounds soo much better than the 7D. The silent option is pretty darn quiet and pleasant sounding.

nigel said:
That was the first combination I tried also. I wanted to see the autofocus work with the 1.4x and 100-400. I connected the camera to my ipad and the images look good. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

I am pretty impressed.

Upvote 0
I just tried the chat with Amazon and they couldn't tell me diddly-squat. Just kept telling me what the information is on the website and when i pushed to check on inventory told me he had no access to the product system....

So I am guessing it depends on who you talk to. I usually have good luck with Amazon and do a LOT of business with them. Agree, they have totally lost the ball on this one and I think the $200 must have been a "mea culpa" to try to head off losing everyone.

Upvote 0
myjtp said:
I just gave up and canceled my amazon pre-order. I am going into Best Buy tomorrow. Is the Protection Plan worth getting with this camera? $299 for three years... I have insurance on all of my gear so I suppose I should just let that cover the camera if needed? Was anybody successful in getting a price match for the $200 gift card amazon was suppose to give you for pre-ordering the camera?
Don't get any protection plans. Use credit card which gives another year extended warranty.

Upvote 0
Ordered body only from BH on 8/25 @ 12:51pm pst.
Email received from BH on 9/8 @ 8:32am pst confirming my order because I called them to see if mine would ship today (9/8).
Received an email that it actually shipped on 9/8 at 4:27pm pst.
Will receive it no later than 10am pst on 9/9 (in California).
Delivery Update: Package received before 10am on 9/9!

Looking forward to trying it out this weekend!

Upvote 0
Forrestbro said:

When did you order?

I did on Aug 24, 2016, 10:35 PM PDT and on the chat I was told that my order will ship on Tuesday.

Upvote 0
matple said:
Forrestbro said:

When did you order?

I did on Aug 24, 2016, 10:35 PM PDT and on the chat I was told that my order will ship on Tuesday.

Interesting...I ordered on Aug. 25; at least someone on the chat gave you some information--and didn't just read you the web page.

Upvote 0