Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II has been confirmed and should be announced before the end of 2020. The new EOS M camera promises to build on the feature set of the much loved original EOS M50.
Rumored Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications:

32.5mp APS-C CMOS sensor
DIGIC X (maybe a new version)
DPAF II
14fps
4K @ 60p no crop
No IBIS
Similar EVF resolution as the EOS R6
Single SD card slot

Most of this seems pretty logical. I don’t think Canon would care much about cannibalizing EOS M6 Mark II sales. The lack of IBIS is going to upset some folks, but I’m not at all surprised by the omission if these specifications are legit.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
All seems like a good update for a pretty solid and inexpensive camera. If it has autofocus in 4k then it would be reason enough for me to upgrade from the m50. The m50 is a great little camera that pretty much lives on our gimbal, improved autofocus is really the only thing I would love to see, higher specs can be for the more expensive m5, m6 versions.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2020
Single SD Slot is a bummer if true.
How long before someone mentions the lack of dual card slots ;-)

lol

Well I'll probably get it. I love my M6 Mark II but forgetting the viewfinder just makes me feel bad for the whole photo session. With animal eye AF from DPAF2 it'll be perfect for birding.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
What the hell happened to the M5 replacement? Not that I care so much -- it is just curiosity. When I saw the M6, I peddled my entire M5 kit and bought the EOS R. I really wonder where Cannon is headed with this system, it seems like a dead branch on the tree to me.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
What the hell happened to the M5 replacement? Not that I care so much -- it is just curiosity. When I saw the M6, I peddled my entire M5 kit and bought the EOS R. I really wonder where Cannon is headed with this system, it seems like a dead branch on the tree to me.
I've been hoping for an M5 II for a bit too long, I sold my M5 in futile anticipation but now I'm thinking I can live without it. An R5 and 35 f1.8 and 85 f2 seem like a small enough travel package to me so I'll probably sell the rest of my M lenses and adapter soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

I'm going to engage in pure speculation here, but here goes: The M5-II will have IBIS, and they were waiting for that to be proved.

Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
Patience. Everybody wants all the features and features take power and power takes space and makes heat. Technology is getting there. The R5 processor is pretty amazing when you think it can capture 35 MP images at 30 FPS, then warp transform each one for DLO and shade and sharpen, and then compress them into an MPEG stream, all on about 10 or 12 watts of power. And oh by the way, it is also capturing those images at 70 MP (DPAF) and processing them for AF and running the AF and the IBIS. The digic x undervolted and running at a lower clock speed may well be suitable for an M5 replacement, but it wasn't there a year ago and yields need to be decent before it can be put into a less expensive camera than the R6.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0