Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

We have got a LOT of disclosures coming in the next few weeks of 60+ high-technology hardware/software designs, manufacturing and operating processes, source code and maintenance/best practices/help documentation that will be made worldwide fully-free and open sourced under GPL-3 licence terms.
Exciting times Harry - if the punishing release schedule for so many products and processes over the next few weeks allows, please don't forget to post some links here so we can check them out!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
As a matter of fact, YES WE CAN do a 20 mm to 2000 mm zoom lens made out of high refractive index Acrylic "glass". Right now we have been sending out test lenses of our super-zooms (i.e. 9600 mm focal length used for high-atmosphere aerial and orbital photography) made up of our acrylic lenses because I can now disclose our microball lens grid array that makes polymer (i.e. plastic lenses) so much easier to TUNE for specific optical pathways that "zoom-in" and "zoom-out" --- Doing what we are doing with actual Fluorite glass (i.e. what L-series Canon lenses use!) would be horrendously expensive and time-consuming. Optical-grade Acrylic plastic is the PERFECT lens material since it can be shaped and machined so easily. We only need to coat the very front and very back lens surfaces with a UV/IR reflecting coating AND a hard surface coating which in our case is a thick film vapour deposited SAPPHIRE to prevent scratches.

We will be entering the consumer and pro-level full frame and medium-format camera market-space so we will have an entire library of PRIME and ZOOM lenses made out of optical-grade Acrylic with Sapphire plus IR/UV-resistant front and back coatings to protect against sunlight-based polymer photo-degradation. We are ALSO entering the actual pro-level and consumer level Full Frame and Medium Format camera body market that have MULTIPLE image sensors set upon a rotating assembly (i.e. see previously disclosure of open source rotating sensor assembly posted here on CanonRumors by me!) that have a built-in 1.89:1 cinema production ratio 2048 by 1080p IR sensitive photosites nightvision sensor (use Quartz lens with that!), a 32 megapixel, 64 Megapixel and 128 megapixel 3:2 set of RGBA + Distance still photo and video sensors, a 1:1 square aspect ratio set of full-band Quartz-lens IR, UV and Xray astrophotography and scientific image sensors and a low-light greyscale-only 1.89:1 cinema production 2048 by 1080p at 17 microns per photosite for very good greyscale nightvision on an Octagonal-shaped rotating image sensor assembly. We have 256-level neutral density filters built-in that use an electrochromic shutter system that COMBINES super fast electro-chromic global shutter (1/120,000th of a second) and a 256-level Neutral density shutter that can be set via software or an actual on-camera-body hard dial. All the usual file and web streaming video and stills formats a supported with realtime RAW outut to external SSD Sata Drives that can be HOT-PLUGGED in mere seconds!

We have got a LOT of disclosures coming in the next few weeks of 60+ high-technology hardware/software designs, manufacturing and operating processes, source code and maintenance/best practices/help documentation that will be made worldwide fully-free and open sourced under GPL-3 licence terms.

V
That sounds very interesting.
When do you target being available for the public?

Upvote 0
That sounds very interesting.
When do you target being available for the public?
I'm testing a set of the acrylic primes right now on my collection of Canon 1Dc cameras (i.e. I have four Canon 1Dc cameras with EF mount with all manual controls on the lenses). I have 18 mm, 50 mm, 85 mm and 135 mm primes at T1.5 (i.e. scientifically measured stops used by Hollywood productions so you don't have to stop down to get full sharpness at fully open aperture!). Once our 60-item high-tech item disclosure is done, we will release to sale which will be online-only for now until retail partners pick up the lines of our camera bodies and lenses.

We have our own mount system which are installed on our in-house-designed-and-built cameras which goes waaaaaay beyond the cinema-oriented PL-mount that can lock and hold lenses of up to 2000 KG (5000 lbs) and has packet-based fibre-optics communications busses with a custom-designed SONAR/LIDAR/RF 3D-XYZ depth scanning features, combined digital electrochromic global shutter and 256-level electrochromic neutral density filters built-in with digital cookie-cutter/vignettes selectable by the user on-set using software or hardware dials, linear induction-based (i.e. magnetic rail induction drives) for focus, iris and zoom that are ultra-quiet and ultra-precise!

Other versions of the mount are a rounded-corners rectanglular and a large square-mouth locking mechanism which supports stereoscopic and quadro-scopic lenses going into two sensors or four sensors (i.e. two RGB+D sends and two tri-band IR, tri-band-UV or soft/hard X-Ray sensors used for nightvision, scientific and astro-imaging). These are used for situations where you want 64-bits per RGB+Distance colour pixel 3D stereoscopic imaging AND 16-bits wide (65536-levels) of 3D stereoscopic nightvision IR thermal, UV or X-ray greyscale imagery at the same time for the subject you are filming.

Our camera bodies have MULTIPLE sensors built-in on rotating sensor assemblies so there are only FOUR body sizes made available with each body having an Octagonal-shaped rotating sensor assembly that can hold EIGHT different sensors -- Rotate the dial to the sensor you want or select via wireless or in-menu software setting or use one of the hot-buttons that are pre-set to a specific sensor type/format/resolution.

We are offering for sale to the general consumer and professional still photo and video market, a small lightweight body that has a-bit-larger-than-one-inch sensor sizes (15 mm by 10 mm) for prosumer applications and as on-body or in-vehicle action cameras with RGB+Distance and full-band IR/UV/XRay/Greyscale sensors, a full-frame camera body with 32, 64 and 128 megapixels (36 mm by 24mm) RGB+Distance and full-band IR/UV/XRay/Greyscale sensors, a medium format camera body with 128, 256 an 512 megapixel RGB+Distance and full-band IR/UV/XRay/Greyscale sensors (54 mm by 36 mm) and an ultra-large format 150 mm by 100 mm camera sensor body with support for cinema production and for high-end gigapixel stills and video imagery (131,072 by 88,838 pixels) and 25 microns per photo site at 6K resolution nightvision and 50 microns per photosite at 3K resolution for ultra-low-light RGB+Distance nightvision greyscale imaging! All cameras are 16-bits per colour, greyscale and alpha/distance channel for 64-bit RGB+Distance colour and full-bandwidth 65,536 levels (16-bits wide) nightvision and multi-spectral greyscale imagery.

All bodies are highly-ruggedized IP-68/IP-69 rated for dust and water ingress and Mil-Spec 810K rated for drop and vibration ratings and for wide-environmental -60C to +60C temperature range use. All bodies use removable ruggedized SATA SSD drives for maximum hard drive-based photo counts and maximum video recording times (i.e. 20, 40 and 60 TB SSD drives coming soon!)

We also support on-board image and metadata file encryption (i.e. is always on!) to protect your stills/video from unauthorized viewing. All images and every video frame is stamped with saved metadata information of Date/Time/GPS stamping plus Frame Number, SMPTE Timecode, 3D-XYZ position/distance measures from one or more subject/RF transmitters in mm, cm, metres and km, plus focal length, iris setting, zoom setting and 3D-XYZ camera and lens orientation in degrees decimal useful for VFX post-production work. We also record metadata light levels in lux/candelas and foot/candles plus environmental chroma-colour information (i.e. chroma meter info) for every frame also useful for VFX lighting work. Other lens, camera body and custom metadata can be added and recorded on a scene-by-scene basis or recorded for every frame into various file formats! We even support wired and wireless MIDI and GPIO connectors and custom binary data/text data/XML data triggering which sends signals to audio/visual/mechanical systems that can control lighting, fireworks, robotics and other IOT or Industrial Machines for specialized commercial and artistic applications.

Full Wifi, Bluetooth and RJ-45/Fibre connections are in-body and can be used all at once for camera body and lens control and for stills/video and metadata uploads/downloads at the required user-set bandwidth and resolution or frame rate. Video, Stills and Metadata can be recorded and saved into multiple file formats, multiple resolutions and frames rates all at the same time so that end-users of the imagery can receive lower-resolution imagery right away for instant news/web use and then receive a higher-resolution imagery later for cinema and photo post-production in various RAW and compressed formats and various still image and video frame sizes. Audio/Video/Metadata can also be streamed in real-time to MULTIPLE destination IP addresses at different file/formats, resolutions and frame rates for specialized cinema and scientific uses via user-defined presets assigned to specific hot-buttons or via touchscreen menus.

There is a LOT of new technology coming out in the next few weeks.

IT'S SHOW TIME !!!

V

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
We have our own mount system which are installed on our in-house-designed-and-built cameras which goes waaaaaay beyond the cinema-oriented PL-mount that can lock and hold lenses of up to 2000 KG (5000 lbs)
Man - I look forward to seeing those lenses! Just think of a future Hubble space telescope with an ILC fitted with your new mount?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
As always, very creative. This time you dipped a little too far into my world. MIL-STD-810 is only at revision H.
The May 2022 doc is now superseded. The letters i and j spec was skipped for some reason so its at K now. I would rather not say where i got that from but you can get that spec too!

P.S. "Copper Canyon ECM" and the successor to "The Green Lady" aka Spearfisher ... You can get further details on K-spec if i am correct that you are possibly current DLA!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
  • Haha
Upvote 0
  • Haha
Upvote 0
Hmmmm.... I wonder what i'm reading now? .... Says "K" on this document
Lord knows, since you didn't even get the document name right, much less the revision.
As far as i know its not C, S, TS, TS:SCI but rather merely OFFICIAL so i assume you can get a copy. Get a CO's signature and get ur own copy

Of course it is unclassified; it's approved for public release. No signatures are necessary; the latest revision is at the link I posted above. When J comes out circa 2027/2028, it will be at the same link. Happy to help!

Upvote 0
Lord knows, since you didn't even get the document name right, much less the revision.

Of course it is unclassified; it's approved for public release. No signatures are necessary; the latest revision is at the link I posted above. When J comes out circa 2027/2028, it will be at the same link. Happy to help!
I'm debating with myself as to whether to give you this copy. Gimme a few days to think about it! Interestingly, the "K" standard is LESS than the 1100+ pages of the H standard so I will read a bit further first to see the comparisons. I am curious as to what "J" is/was all about if it exists.

• Haha
Upvote 0
Pre-announcement for fully open-source disclosure of 60+ Advanced Technologies (i.e. the First Eight to be disclosed):

May 25, 2024 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

NCA (North Canadian Aerospace) is pleased to announce on CanonRumors, a series of new technologies it has developed under various internal programs since 1999 which are hereby given away as world-wide, fully-free and open-source under GPL-3 licence terms for public use free and clear of all encumbrances, patents and copyrights. These technologies are now open-source with all hardware and software designs, user interfaces, still photo and vector graphics and all video imagery, manufacturing processes, source code, help and get-started manuals, general health and safety documentation, general daily usage and Tips & Tricks documentation in PDF format and in various video formats which NCA will disclose on specific websites as part of its open-disclosure programme.

The first eight technologies which will be disclosed are as follows:

1) all-Acrylic Lens Assembly with linear-induction-based unified zoom/iris/focus motor control and micro-ball-lens-grid array for Prime and Zoom Lenses-based image acquisition used in high-pixel-count One-Inch (15mm x 10mm), Full-Frame, (36 mm x 24 mm) Medium-Format (54 mm x 36mm) and Large-Format (150 mm x 100 mm) cameras of 131,072 by 131,072 pixels resolution at 64-bit RGB + Object/Subject Distance channels (16 bits per channel) and Multi-Spectral 128-bits per pixel and 256-bits per pixel imaging.

2) Multi-Chroic Prism-based Stacked Vertical Photosite Image Sensor with RGB and CMY band optical sensing and tri-band UV, tri-band-IR, Two-Band X-Ray and Greyscale visible light gathering for multi-spectral imaging up to 10,000 fps at resolution up to 131,072 by 131,072 pixels resolution at 64-bits, 128-bits or 256-bits per pixel.

3) Liquid micro-droplets-based pulsed LASER-excited RGB emitting micro-wells for high-resolution, full-HDR displays at 131,072 by 131,072 pixels resolution at 64-bits RGB + Alpha Channel with sub-millisecond latency at up to 10,000 fps refresh rates. (10,000 Hz)

4) Bulk Sheet Boron Nitride Nanotubes-based Supercapacitors for fast-charging, high-current electrical power-storage and fast high-current power-drawdown for Ground Vehicles, Surface and Sub-surface Marine Vessels, in-Atmosphere Aircraft, Space Vehicles and Satellites rated at 5 Megawatt/Hours per power pack that will allow applications such as full-size truck-based towing of 25,000 lbs with five 250 lbs each worth of drivers/pilots/passengers for 1600 miles (2574 km) per single charge in -60C to +60C local environment temperatures up and down hill grades up to 12%. (10 minutes charge from 0% empty to 100% full at 12,000 volts at 400 amps with duty cycle of 10,000 full-charge/full-discharge cycles or about 25 years longevity).

5) Acoustic Wave Liquid Solder-based Hydrogen Plasma Compression Device using Modified Sonofusion Thermal Emissions Capture at Eight Cubic Metre device size for continuous 10 Megawatts Power Supply with simple buss-bar interconnect aggregation useful for city-electrical-grid Terawatts-scale power supply requiring only fresh-water or ocean-water supply as the hydrogen source.

6) Enhanced Jam-resistant Multi-Signal-Sampling Global Positioning and Navigation System using Picosecond Clock-timing and Advanced on-the-fly Jitter Correction for Sub-Five Millimetre Accuracy for absolute and relative Latitude, Longtitude and Mean-Sea-Level Elevation positions and enhanced world-wide emergency message encoding and broadcast of XML-tag-based text and metadata updates at 1000 messages per minute of 64 Kilobytes per GPS Lat/Long/Elev codes plus an XML-tagged Metadata+Text Message used for embedded weather updates, emergency alerts, current news and specialized application messages. Specificity of XML-tagged-text message is targetable at the Degrees-level (68 miles or 109 km), the Minutes-level (1.15 miles or 1.8 km), the Seconds-level (100 feet or 30 metres) and Sub-One-Metre-level allowing for geographically-targetted XML-based metadata and text messages for commercial, end-user and government application-specific uses.

7) 50 PetaFLOPS at 2 THz Clock Speed 128-bits-wide Combined-CPU/GPU/DSP/Vector Math Array Processor Tape-Out Design on Borosilicate Glass, CMOS and GaAs Substrates with Silicone Oil Immersive Cooling Apparatus.

8) Fully-enclosed small-form-factor high-speed microcircuit etcher using 1000 by 1000 Array of Multi-Headed Pulsed Electron Beams for high-precision microcircuits creation down to 3 nanometres per line-trace on Borosilicate, GaAs, CMOS and GaN wafer substrates with automated LASER-confinement and vapour deposition of Conductor, Semiconductor, Insulator and Dopants within home, office and warehouse environments. Arrays of etchers can bring down etching times to as fast as 1000 CPU chips of 128-bits wide multi-core SOC processors per hour (i.e. with 8+ Billion Transistors per chip)!

That should about do for the pre-announcement. The tape-out and CAD/CAM/CAE/FEA/STL files, PDF designs, source code and documentation will be made available for public download shortly!

Hope this helps!

HarryFilm (aka StargateSG7)
per NCA (North Canadian Aerospace)

P.S. Here's Addendum-A Project -- Autonomous, Self-propelling Submersible and Neutrally-Buoyant Thermal Heat Sink Ceramic-based Four-Cubic metre balls used as long-term heat sinks of greater than one-degree thermal gradients which are set loose in the world's oceans at depth by the BILLIONS so as to collect large amounts of heat at multi-kilo-Joule thermal transfer rates which will eventually reduce ocean temperatures by 1.5 Celcius up to 2 Celcius within 20 years! That will reduce if not eliminate global warming!

The ceramic heat-sink balls ABSORB ocean heat and contain it within internal ceramic heat sink blocks which store the collected heat and keep it stored for years at a time until moved and collected yearly by robotic systems for on-land collection and crushing at a single point in order to provide a large underground-based electrical power production system that turns water into steam for thermal-hydro-based electrical power production. The ceramic ball components are recycled once crushed for thermal load collection/escape purposes. Internal depth-levelling and global positioning is provided by thermal-pump-based hydrodynamic propulsion and microcontrollers that use a portion of the collected heat energy to keep the ceramic balls at a specific depth and general geographic location.

When let loose at a minimum of 1000 of the four cubic-metre balls per square KM within tropical and sub-tropical waters, enough thermal energy is collected at typical depths between 25 to 150 feet via thermal-collection, that when gathered and moved to the designated collection and crushing points the project will provide a massive ocean temperature reduction level in less than two decades AND provide a large amount of thermal-hydro-power.

V

Last edited:
Upvote 0
7) 50 PetaFLOPS at 2 THz Clock Speed 128-bits-wide Combined-CPU/GPU/DSP/Vector Math Array Processor Tape-Out Design on Borosilicate Glass, CMOS and GaAs Substrates with Silicone Oil Immersive Cooling Apparatus.
So, with PFLOPS and clock speed like that, this is a chip (array of chips?) many factors more powerful than the largest currently known supercomputer? Harry. A more sceptical person than myself might start to suspect you were exaggerating.

Upvote 0
So, with PFLOPS and clock speed like that, this is a chip (array of chips?) many factors more powerful than the largest currently known supercomputer? Harry. A more sceptical person than myself might start to suspect you were exaggerating.
Our northern BC datacentre has the four fastest supercomputers on Earth at 20 YottaFLOPS total at 128 bits wide under various Sieves and various signed/unsigned Integer, Floating Point and Fixed Point math test suites.

Haida Gwaii - 2 YottaFLOPS
Thunderhorse - 3 YottaFLOPS
Nocturnal Fyre - 5 YottaFLOPS
Quasar's Child - 10 YottaFLOPS

They all use 128-bits wide SOC CHIP DESIGNS made entirely in-house that are fully ITAR-FREE RUNNING AT 2 THz and are made out of copper on Borosilicate glass substrates immersed in silicone oil.

We have 1024 general purpose cores (i.e. at 8 hard-interrupt threads per core of up to 128-bits wide values or 8192 total threads) using our own CISC-based instruction set plus an asynchronous GPU-like array processor that does 3D-XYZ array massively parallel processing of hardware accelerated 128-bits wide DSP math and GPU pixel operations.

Onboard Cache/System RAM is 128 Terabytes to ensure data is local to each chip to allow for massive array processing operations. The superchips are very thick at 2 inches (5 cm) each to ensure all the processing layers and memory are fully local onboard each chip. Chip-to-chip communications is a custom multi-frequency dense wave fibre optic interconnect for PetaBYTES per second bandwidths!

The array processor portion of each chip is 131,072 by 131,072 nanocores that each do convolution processing (Sobel/Canny edge detection, hi-pass, lo-pass, notch filter, gaussian blur, unsharp mask, Lanczos-5 resample, antialias, etc) plus other base DSP and trig math processing of up to 256 by 256 elements (X and Y axis) by 16 layers deep (Z axis) arrays of up to 128-bits wide per integer, floating point, fixed point and RGBA/ YCbCrA value. It means we can process 16 frames of 128k by 128k still photos or video frames in just a few clock cycles allowing us 10,000 frames per second of ingest, filtering/processing and video export/display power!

We measured each chip at 50 PetaFLOPS at 128 bits wide sustained (i.e. not just peak processing!). It only takes 20 of our combined-CPU/GPU/DSP/Vector processors to get to one ExaFLOP!

We run physics-based WBE aka whole brain emulation of human neural tissue electro-chemistry simulations that pretty much gives us 160 IQ super-brains that do materials science, quantum chromodynamics-based power production and propulsion physics research on an automated basis 24/7/365!

Now you know!

V

• Haha
Upvote 0
So, I think I've worked out why no-one can track down your company, and why you talk about technology that (pretty clearly) doesn't yet exist: you are actually writing from a future time zone, and the real technological advance in question, that you can't tell us about for similar reasons as set out in the Back to the Future films, is that you can communicate with the past!

Sprung Harry! Sprung!

Upvote 0