Canon EOS R5, EOS R6, EOS-1D X Mark III, RF 70-200 f/2.8L IS & RF 100-500 f/4.5-5.6L IS firmware released

First off that is simply another rumor from a single youtuber. Nothing written in stone.

Second, this was CR3 which is basically fact.
"I can count the number of times this source has been wrong on one finger". Well, seems like this time it was a big
middle finger.

Third, later date could mean 2 months from now, 4 months from now, 6 months from now, or not at all. Not gonna hold my breath with the A7IV on the horizon, and who knows what else.

I do feel really bad for those who have an R6 or 1DX-3 and truly bought the rumor of it coming in this FW update.
He got the info from Canon UK.

they gave him the firmware early to review it along with an r5

agree there was no timeline.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
surprised no one is mentioning the ability to save your settings to a card to put in other cameras... that was asked a few times :) but not mentioned in the canon site, but shown by Gordon's video

nm mentions it on the canon usa one at least

"
8. Adds [Save/load cam settings on card] to the Function settings tab of the menu.
This allows you to save the camera settings to a card, or load a saved file and restore the camera to the settings you saved to a card."
You’d think that they could be consistent. Canon Asia site does mention the save function as i posted above and the Raw lite. Oh lah.

the other benefit of save function is multiple conf beyond the c1-c3, have as many configs as you want...

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Refraction

CR Pro
Sep 5, 2020
surprised no one is mentioning the ability to save your settings to a card to put in other cameras... that was asked a few times :) but not mentioned in the canon site, but shown by Gordon's video

nm mentions it on the canon usa one at least

"
8. Adds [Save/load cam settings on card] to the Function settings tab of the menu.
This allows you to save the camera settings to a card, or load a saved file and restore the camera to the settings you saved to a card."
Yes this is actually my favourite update. I have three R5s and can spend an hour before shoots updating all three. This is a real timesaver for me. Thanks Canon.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Does this mean the lockups have been addressed?

1. Fixes a phenomenon, in rare cases where the camera does not function normally when using certain CFexpress cards. “
That's a good question. There were some issues with certain CF express cards so that could be it. I've never heard of anyone pinning down the lockup to a certain CF express card, I seem to recall it happening with just a SD card inserted for one person. Some say it was fixed by a motherboard replacement, others not. I haven't heard of new buyers with the issue, so I tend to think it was hardware.

If you have the issue, ask Canon before warranty is up. Have them repair it to extend your warranty if its close.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

1D4

Jun 5, 2020
Fixes a phenomenon, in rare cases where the camera does not function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.

Wow, this sounds like it may address my issue where the camera refused to release the shutter a couple of times each week, even though I was in AI Servo and had the subject in focus. I'm always in high-speed continuous. Please let it be :p

Thanks. I'm using the EVF, too, but my situation is a bit different than the ones where the image freezes. My EVF keeps going, but the shutter button freezes. I reported my problem to Canon and they said no one else reported my specific issue. They said to try resetting the camera settings (which I'll do, but will be a pain since I've made so many customizations), and if all else fails, to send it in :/

Upvote 0