Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Nice to know they've expanded the list. The last time I looked there were only ten or twelve on it. There are still an awful lot of asterisks peppered all over that page.

In the interest of fairness I should also correct an error I made in my previous comment. With mechanical shutter, the maximum frame rate of the α9 is 5 fps, not 10.

++++With mechanical shutter, the maximum frame rate of the α9 is 5 fps, not 10.

Yeah right ok. How do you eliminate Rolling shutter effect while shooting action with electronic shutter though? A genuine question. shooting fast action at 5 FPS does not sound adequate?

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
++++With mechanical shutter, the maximum frame rate of the α9 is 5 fps, not 10.

Yeah right ok. How do you eliminate Rolling shutter effect while shooting action with electronic shutter though? A genuine question. shooting fast action at 5 FPS does not sound adequate?

Sony claims their electronic shutter doesn't suffer from the same effect that plagues everyone else's electronic shutter. Independent reviewers are mixed as to just how true that claim is. There's no doubt the Sony sensor reads out faster than other, older sensors used in other cameras. There are varying opinions as to whether the reduced rolling shutter effect still demonstrated is acceptable or not for certain use cses, such as sports and action.

Last edited:
Upvote 0