Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

Jul 21, 2010
I only shoot stills, rarely videos. But sometimes, it show the "thermometer" sign and the back of the camera is rather hot.
That happened with my R8 recently shooting stills (which is all I shoot on ILCs), though it only showed a two of the 10 bars on the gauge in the EVF. Single shots (not bursts) with EFCS. I was in Rome at the time, and the ambient temperature was around 38 °C / 101 °F, which no doubt was the main reason.

Upvote 0
People asked the same query about 24mp (or 21 in Canon's case) when 6-10mp was in the prosumer space.
yes .... more the Merrier... I'm a Bird (nature ) photographer and as you must know we would like to CROP,CROP,CROP... so 60,85, 100mp yep ....sure most other forms of photography might be satisfied with 24 or 30 MP it just is so much better for almost all the work I do .I always like the ability to crop ..to set up the composition after taking the image . A lot of times things happen quickly in nature ,especially with birds that composing a shot is not available or necessary at the moment. so...with more pixels the better the opportunity to have a great composition and a great close up with great detail. Thats why more the merrier.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Leica Q2 is just EXPENSIVE. Why not Fuji x100v or Canon R8 or RP with a pancake lens (EF 40mm or RF 28 mm)??
It's not "that" expensive....to many out there.

But in the examples you mentioned....the Fuji is not FF sensor, it is crop.
I believe the resolution of the Q2/Q3 sensor is quite a bit larger than the R8 and RP....the latter I believe is about 60MP?

So, it's not only a size thing...BUT, also the specs and performance at that small, small size you have to consider too.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0