Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A report out on the internets suggests that the Canon EOS R5 Mark II will get a resolution bump from its predecessors 45mp to 60mp. It seems 60mp is the new 45mp across the full-frame industry. Nikon, Sony and Leica all have 60mp in some of their cameras. It doesn’t matter much to us, but

See full article...

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
A report out on the internets suggests that the Canon EOS R5 Mark II will get a resolution bump from its predecessors 45mp to 60mp. It seems 60mp is the new 45mp across the full-frame industry. Nikon, Sony and Leica all have 60mp in some of their cameras. It doesn’t matter much to us, but

See full article...
Two main things that I lack in my R5 is that is sometimes shows 'overheat" when shooting stills, and the other is that I would like it to have over 20fps as maximum shooting burst. Other than that, in most cases I can crop 1/10 of the frame and still get very sensible pictures.

Attachments

• R5_04209M.jpg
    R5_04209M.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I got the Canon R6 terrified that 20 megapixels wouldn\'t be enough. On a trip to Kenya & Tanzenia I took about 10 thousand photos on it alone. I thanked GOD it was only 20mp because any more and the file sizes in RAW would have been crazy. I was thinking of paring the R6 with an r5 mark ii when it comes out but now im afraid of what the file sizes will look like if I have to put the camera to work

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I would love a "super" R5. 45Mpixel sensor but using R3's technology, much less rolling shutter, more (but configurable) frames per second, better/faster AF.

Anyway R5II and R1 are under development. We will see next year....
I never think of the future – it comes soon enough. - Einstein

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Depends on the features, but if they keep the same sensor (EVF, screen, etc.), then it makes sense to keep it just under the Z8, otherwise it would become overpriced.
If I recall right, in the past 20 years, Canon was never (? :unsure:) trying to beat Nikon with lower prices.
Most of the time, Canon was more expensive.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I got the Canon R6 terrified that 20 megapixels wouldn\'t be enough. On a trip to Kenya & Tanzenia I took about 10 thousand photos on it alone. I thanked GOD it was only 20mp because any more and the file sizes in RAW would have been crazy. I was thinking of paring the R6 with an r5 mark ii when it comes out but now im afraid of what the file sizes will look like if I have to put the camera to work
I sold my R6 because 20 Mpx were not enough for me. To each his own.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0