Canon has released a major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5 C v1.0.4.1

shadowsports

R5 C - RF Trinity
CR Pro
Jan 15, 2023
Bay Area, CA
@Scenes,
I was able to reproduce the behavior. I could not get the PS icon to appear after taking a photo, but I did take 3 consecutive photos and each was over 100mb. On average my images are 50-75mb. It also appeared to change my image capture settings from RAW+JPEG to JPEG only. I was not able to determine how my settings differed from the video, but clearly there is something going on.

RAW+JPEG. I changed the shooting mode to "M". I then enter the menu and saved the settings to Custom Settings 1. This changes "C1p" to "C1m". At this point captured images are over 100mb. Had I been in JPEG only capture mode, I might have seen the PS logo. I do agree something isn't right with it.

Upvote 0

Scenes

Filmmaker
Jun 12, 2014
UK
@Scenes,
I was able to reproduce the behavior. I could not get the PS icon to appear after taking a photo, but I did take 3 consecutive photos and each was over 100mb. On average my images are 50-75mb. It also appeared to change my image capture settings from RAW+JPEG to JPEG only. I was not able to determine how my settings differed from the video, but clearly there is something going on.

RAW+JPEG. I changed the shooting mode to "M". I then enter the menu and saved the settings to Custom Settings 1. This changes "C1p" to "C1m". At this point captured images are over 100mb. Had I been in JPEG only capture mode, I might have seen the PS logo. I do agree something isn't right with it.
Just read on a Facebook group that Canon Support have said this firmware is in the process of being pulled and a new one will be available with the fix some time in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0