Canon is planning an EOS R5 C Mark II [CR2]

Scenes

Filmmaker
Jun 12, 2014
UK
But dirt can get stuck on the shutter curtain and get inside so easily, with an nd filter module it never gets inside because of the clear filter layer
It would have to be the size of the C70 to have physical ND filters so not going to happen. There’s a world in which the new sensor has electronic ND if Canon develops that tech but wouldn’t be the physical barrier to the sensor you’re particularly looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2011
The R5C looks dumb to me. (...)
Not everything you don't understand is dumb.

Timecode is a godsent on multi-cam productions.
I requested a matching cable from Alvin's Cables
and they built some for me and then added them
to their portfolio. They are selling well, so obviously
people do use timecode. I certainly do.

You may think the fan is pointless, but it keeps *my*
camera within operating temperature range.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

shadowsports

R5 C - RF Trinity
CR Pro
Jan 15, 2023
Bay Area, CA
I actually ignored the post above back on the first page. The R5 C's footprint makes sense. Canon kept manufacturing costs down by making a different back body piece. It works well and fits in my med-large size hands perfectly. Since this is not a B-roll cam for me, I don't use timecode, but i don't disparage Canon for including it.

@LockHeed doesn't have any gear listed, so we don't know what he owns or if he's ever held an R5 C? I purchased my R5 C sight unseen at release, but I did have 40 yrs with the brand and had held my share of R5's. I knew what I was getting. The fan is barely audible, and I keep mine on automatic. It doesn't run often unless its warm outside and I have no issues with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Greetings,
No. In the case of S&F, video is recorded to one card, and audio to the other. Its not possible for the audio to get captured to the same card in S&F. Its how it was implemented.
I have still no idea... what do mean with S&F! ;) Please help me... the informations are not enough to let me try it^^.

I have found something on yt! ...on a C70! You know I have wrote I have a R6?^^

Upvote 0