Canon MT-26EX-RT

koenkooi said:
Zeidora said:
Would love if modeling lights would stay on for quite a bit longer. 10 s is just way too short, and pressing the button puts a lot of torque on a mounted rig.

There's a CFn that makes double tapping the shutter turn on the lights, very handy.

Thanks for this, good to learn these things :)

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
koenkooi said:
Zeidora said:
Would love if modeling lights would stay on for quite a bit longer. 10 s is just way too short, and pressing the button puts a lot of torque on a mounted rig.

There's a CFn that makes double tapping the shutter turn on the lights, very handy.
Custom function on Mt24? where? How?
On my 5DsR, I got to External Sppedlight control, Flash C.Fn setting, and I get a "This menu cannot be displayed. incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off." error message. The C.Fn button on the back of the MT24 only lights the rear LCD panel.

Upvote 0

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
Zeidora said:
On my 5DsR, I got to External Sppedlight control, Flash C.Fn setting, and I get a "This menu cannot be displayed. incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off." error message. The C.Fn button on the back of the MT24 only lights the rear LCD panel.

You have to go old school with the MT-24EX :) Hold down on the LCD illumination button and it will begin the process.

Everything is explained in here (PDF warning): http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300004139/04/mr14ex-mt24ex-im5-en-es-fr.pdf

Custom function 9 is the one you're looking for :)

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
Drainpipe said:
Zeidora said:

You have to go old school with the MT-24EX :) Hold down on the LCD illumination button and it will begin the process.

Everything is explained in here (PDF warning): http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300004139/04/mr14ex-mt24ex-im5-en-es-fr.pdf

Custom function 9 is the one you're looking for :)

Thanks! works now.

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
Sabaki said:
Hey everyone

Can anyone with the MT24 please advise if that unit could take diffusers without Frankensteining the unit?

Any chance that the MT26 offers a notable step forward with the now included diffusers?

Stefan makes a diffusor for the MT24
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/442435-REG/Sto_Fen_OM_24XSET_Omni_Bounce_Set_for_Canon.html
Considered by some insufficient for diffusion, so some glue a Garry Fong puffer on top. Obviously depends on what you shoot and what look you want. I've also taped ND filters from the LEE swatch books of yesterdays onto the heads. Works quite well, but the new lower power on the MT26 should make that no longer necessary.

IMHO the MT26 diffusor is just the same as the stofen just comes bundled with the main unit. I'll find out as soon as it comes out, have pre-ordered it with B&H. I'll also see whether the old MT-24 stofen work on the MT26. I have a habit of losing those little plastic pieces, and I bet Canon original will cost way more than third party.

Upvote 0

Dalantech

Gatekeeper to the Small World
Feb 12, 2015
Sabaki said:
Hey everyone

Can anyone with the MT24 please advise if that unit could take diffusers without Frankensteining the unit?

Any chance that the MT26 offers a notable step forward with the now included diffusers?

The problem with the MT-24EX is that the indents on the side of the flash head that's intended to hold a diffuser are small. For my current diffuser I have to hot glue them to the flash heads. The tabs on the side of the MT-26RT look a lot larger and deeper, so I'd expect a larger diffuser to stay on the heads. As for the included diffusers I'd expect them to work about as well as the current Sto-Fens on the MT-24EX -so not very well. But maybe the larger tabs will make third party diffusers more practical for the MT-26RT.

Upvote 0
Sabaki said:
Hey everyone

I found some cheap MT24 ones on eBay - they've not fallen off in a couple of year's use - my previous ones were the translucent tops from a couple of slide boxes and a bit of tape...

Attachments

• macro-rig-setup.jpg
    macro-rig-setup.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0