Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Sony is trying to push the A9 into the sports arena. A pro level EOS R will be measured against the latest A9, so I suspect that it will be positioned as an attractive upgrade from the 1Dx2, but not a true competitor of the 1Dx3. (This does put mean that the EF to RF converter must preserve the image quality and focus performance of existing EF lenses.) I'm still expecting an Rx to make some sort of splash at the 2020 Games. If so, it has to be a sports body.

I remain hopeful that the pro R will be a mirrorless 1DX3 and that Canon doesn't see the need to force people to choose between either the true flagship body or else the best glass (RF), but not both.

Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2016
I remain hopeful that the pro R will be a mirrorless 1DX3 and that Canon doesn't see the need to force people to choose between either the true flagship body or else the best glass (RF), but not both.

the first 'pro' R will probably the high resolution body mentioned quite a few times. It has also been rumoured that somewhere in 2020 we could see a new 5DV + R equivalent and then later (perhaps '21?) the 1D mirrorless equivalent.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
If this would be a touch input, I wouldnt be that happy :/
I would doubt it is a touch bar like the eos r. This is a pro camera and it will have been designed with inputs from hardcore photographers. They would not tolerate a touch input. It will be a second joystick I would think

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
Canon make hundreds of billions of dollars a year, they should be giving putting these specs in a rebel camera not a camera this level.

My microwave from 10 years ago had these specs, get with the times Canon!

Just preparing everyone for the other brand fanboys :p seriously though it looks amazing and can’t wait to see what they can do with the 1Dx mirrorless version!
I wish my microwave could do 16FPS in OVF and have 28MP sensor. Unfortunately it does not have it :-(

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Where are the "illuminated buttons"?! Can't see them at the photos. Maybe they are lighted up around the buttons? I thought maybe they are glowing with transparent buttons^^.

Sounds like Canon is putting everything into this last model!? Bluetooth, wifi, lan, GPS, 16-20fps... 10bit video. But no words about IBIS (don't think this will fit into this rugged machine?!)

what a beast! Now how much MP will it have? 22, 24, 26?! ^^

Haven't heard about this new picture format: HEIF o_O..

Last edited:
Upvote 0