Canon Patent Application: Another RF Z lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
In this patent application (2024-025100), Canon describes the optical formulas of some pretty impressive zoom lenses. In this patent, we see the impressive Canon RF 24-105 F2.8L IS USM Z embodiment, and it’s just as impressive as the lens is in real life. So we know that at least one zoom in this patent application

See full article...

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 21, 2010
Doesn't that include the 20-ish mm for the flange to sensor distance?
Yes, it does. No matter how many times one of us posts the basic fact that these patents are for optical formulae and the 'lens overall length' is from the front surface of the front element to the sensor, some people still make that mistake.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
This could be just the lens I've been waiting for. Just hope the price isn’t prohibitive. Just think: ...combined with an R7ii ! Could have me relinquishing all thoughts of going Fuji.
I'm gonna guess if it makes it into production, it'll be higher in price than what fuji is offering, but probably better quality in terms of build quality.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

photofrankdzi

APS-C fan hopes for "L"- qualitiy - CANON-Lenses
Feb 13, 2023
This could be just the lens I've been waiting for. Just hope the price isn’t prohibitive. Just think: ...combined with an R7ii ! Could have me relinquishing all thoughts of going Fuji.
Just MY Opinion! Very good. I was thinking of Fujifilm too. The (for me - as very interested, long Year hobbyist) very good R7 NEEDS minimum one very good RF-S lens. Best would be an "L" 15-60 f/2.8 ! Please CANON - come on with this possibly fast.

Upvote 0