Canon Patent Application: Canon Dual Fisheye Mark II

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
This wouldn't merely allow lenses to be closer. Instead, consider if the "default" position was only rotated 1/3 of the way through the quarter-circle. It would thus let you then go like 3x WIDER than that default position, which is often used on binoculars to give an exaggerated effect of 3D.

So, if the current lens is at all popular, the next version might be a relatively telephoto creation that can be positioned to normal eye separation when only partly deployed, but also a wider, binocular-style separation at full deployment.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
This wouldn't merely allow lenses to be closer. Instead, consider if the "default" position was only rotated 1/3 of the way through the quarter-circle. It would thus let you then go like 3x WIDER than that default position, which is often used on binoculars to give an exaggerated effect of 3D.

So, if the current lens is at all popular, the next version might be a relatively telephoto creation that can be positioned to normal eye separation when only partly deployed, but also a wider, binocular-style separation at full deployment.
I understand about the distance between the lenses changing the 3d effect, but what do you mean, "relatively telephoto"?

Upvote 0

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
but what do you mean, "relatively telephoto"?
Thanks for hearing me out Eric. I meant more telephoto than the current fisheye :D And given that it uses at most half the sensor, even 40mm would be possibly equivalent to a full-frame 100mm???Also, if the result was still used in VR, then the user might only be looking at 25% of the actual captured view at a time?? So what I was thinking was somewhere between 10mm and say 75mm or something, not actually telephoto as it normally means, such as 135mm+.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0