Canon Patent Application: Canon RF Macro Lenses

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
Always lovely!
I've really become interested in this lens since you started posting images from it. It's a good price and the only thing stopping me is I don't know about the sharpness in the corners and sides. If possible, could you post a shot with a chart or something grid like?
Thank You!
Sadly it is not sharp in the corners but that might not be a problem.
dulcamara-jpg.214682

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Thank You!
Sadly it is not sharp in the corners but that might not be a problem.
dulcamara-jpg.214682

Thank you
It is the only option at this focal length that I'm aware of. I tried using a 10 mm extension tube with the 14mm 2.8L ii and the additional length changed the maximum focus distance to closer than the lens hood. The RF 16mm won't even allow it to connect - I can probably modify whatever is preventing this, but it might also be useless without a shorter tube which I haven't found and the sides aren't that sharp anyway. Assuming it could work, the AF would be the only advantage (which isn't really necessary for macro and sometimes makes capturing a good image more difficult).

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Afaik the RF 15-30 4.5-6.3 has a mag of 0.5 in a manual mode @15mm.
But the corners seems to be not the best.

Edit:
Yes, Canon Germany lists a mag of 0.52 but only @15mm and manual mode.
Thanks for mentioning this! While I was checking, I looked at the other canon's other two zooms in that range and they are listed as being compatible with extenders. I'm guessing this variable aperture would be too. It looks like some more options that I wasn't aware of.

Upvote 0