Canon Patent Application: Miniaturization of built-in teleconverter

Aug 10, 2021
I always thought it was a lost opportunity not to have a TC EF/RF adapter. I suspect it would have had to have been a very weird shape to allow elements to get out of the optical chain.

I find myself putting on and taking off TCs with more frequency than I'd like, and almost always in muddy conditions.
It is an interesting idea, but I'm guessing most people who would use it already had EF TCs. Did any other companies make one for any other mount?

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I always thought it was a lost opportunity not to have a TC EF/RF adapter.
It is easy enough to pretty much make one yourself although it would be in two pieces.
I have no idea why a third party has not made one.
On the other hand, the advantage of having two pieces is that you have a teleconverter for your RF lenses as well.
It is not like those things are cheap.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
It is an interesting idea, but I'm guessing most people who would use it already had EF TCs. Did any other companies make one for any other mount?
No other company supports their legacy SLR lenses as well as Canon does.
That is what frustrates me about people solely looking at the RF lens lineup as if EF lenses never existed.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
No other company supports their legacy SLR lenses as well as Canon does.
That is what frustrates me about people solely looking at the RF lens lineup as if EF lenses never existed.
It is a strange attitude. I have difficulty understanding why they bought an R camera before it had RF lenses they want if they are unwilling to adapt EF. It's also not like they can't adapt lenses for other mounts too. We have a lot of options.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0