Canon Patent Applications: Haptic Feedback

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
In these two patent applications, Canon is exploring adding haptic feedback into the grip surface of the camera. These are two separate patent applications but discuss similar functions, so I’ll lump them all in here. When I first read this I didn’t think much about it because Canon has done these patents before, until I

See full article...

Reactions: 1 users

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Something to PURPOSELY make my camera shake? Oh hell no.
I don't want my hard earned money paying for the R&D of that..
Wonder if I can get them to take the hardware out of the camera and I can get a refund for that part of the camera?

Why type this comment without reading the write-up? Did you not notice CR says that Canon is developing this in such a way as the shaking mechanism is isolated from the rest of the camera using silicone, etc?
And if you don't think there will be a menu option to turn off the setting, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Why type this comment without reading the write-up? Did you not notice CR says that Canon is developing this in such a way as the shaking mechanism is isolated from the rest of the camera using silicone, etc?
And if you don't think there will be a menu option to turn off the setting, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya.
Trolls gonna troll.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Wonder if I can get them to take the hardware out of the camera and I can get a refund for that part of the camera?
And I want money back from Canon since I never use the video features. All they have to do is to remove the video processor and the electronic thingies from my camera, they could reuse them in the EOS R1, they are still brand-new!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

well to be fair i didn't mention really that it needed to be isolated from the camera, and that's what the patents were about. But yes, obviously. Camera shake is bad. This isn't shaking the camera. this is vibrating an isolated section separate from the camera body underneath your finger(s).

and there's some very valid reasons for having this if you think about it and read the first few paragraphs.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I prefer a click than a shaking camera.... and tbh, the shutter does more on sensor protection from dust and the colour filter array duing non-use period, imagine you cleaned off the sensor, put the camera facing up in a dry box during unuse period for a month or so, next time you took it out for a trip the first thing is a hundred dust speck in small aperture landscape

Upvote 0