Anybody faces this behaviour ? when I use the camera in low light with high iso ( 4000 or more ) and low shutter speed ( under 1/100 ), the viewfinder start to jitter when panning left/right or up/down, the back screen looks normal, I tried 120 hz for viewfinder but I keep jittering.
the more iso up or slower shutter the more the jitter become clear.

i'm using many EF lenses with the adapter. and the RF 35mm 1.8

after experiments I noticed that the adapter has nothing to do with this behaviour because I tried my EF 85 1.2 and it works fine, and when lowering the ISO is works fine

any suggestion or explanations?

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
no the focus is fine, it's just the EVF stuttering when panning in low light, I read that all EVF do this due to the refresh rate of it
If speculation is fine for you: Perhaps the camera is simply dropping the refresh rate in order to use the longer shutter speeds required for decent image quality in low light.

I'm pretty sure my old 600D does just that in LiveView under dark conditions, but I haven't used it for quite a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Known issue with slow shutter speeds and high iso.

I was able to reproduce this issue but for the life of me I cannot think why anyone would be shooting with a Shutter Speed of 1/100(or lower) ISO 3200 or Higher and be panning the Camera.

What is the use case for doing this?
I used to shoot motorsports and some night time drift events would require those sort of settings. Sometimes slower than 1/100 to get a more dramatic background motion blur from the pan.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2013
Known issue with slow shutter speeds and high iso.

I was able to reproduce this issue but for the life of me I cannot think why anyone would be shooting with a Shutter Speed of 1/100(or lower) ISO 3200 or Higher and be panning the Camera.

What is the use case for doing this?
Motion blur effects/trails with available light. Like if trying to track cars in the evening...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0