Canon T3i/600D Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2011
Re: T3i vs. 60D

For me, it's mostly a matter of ergonomics and usability between the two.

60D has a pentaprism finder with more coverage and better magnification. This translates into a bigger, brighter viewfinder image.

I prefer to have a top LCD for my shooting style.

I like the control wheel on the back of the camera for changing settings and playback of photos.

I prefer the bigger grip (this is a primary reason why I won't buy a rebel - it's not comfortable for me to hold."

The specs are fun to sift through, sure, but to me, actually using the camera, and it's in-hand feel, are most important.

Of course, the reasons why I love the 60D may be the reasons you hate it.

Dustin

Upvote 0

I have to echo the idea that ergonomics counts more than small differences in the specs.

Just an observation - more people complain about small grips than large ones. People don't like plastic because they think it is "cheap". People don't like heavy things. But - you can't have something which is light, big, and made of heavy materials.

I was happy with the smaller grip on my Rebel (an older model), but I would not go back because of the control wheel on my x0D camera. It has become essential to me. Unlike most, I actually don't like the top LCD because you have to rotate the camera to see it, and on a tall tripod it can be impossible to use.

Final thought - if you like the 60D body style but not the price, consider a used 40D or 50D. They are still great cameras.

Steve

Upvote 0
C

Canonix

Velo Steve said:
I have to echo the idea that ergonomics counts more than small differences in the specs.

Absolutely - as far as I am concerned, the ergonomics (i.e. the grip, weight, balance, control placement etc) are a vital parts of the specs, even if they are rarely listed as such.

PS. Amazon in Germany are down to their last two already...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.