Canon Touts its CMOS Sensor Technology

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sXDiUbxnBBc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe><p>Canon USA has posted the video above talking about Canon’s CMOS sensors.</p>
<p><strong>From Canon USA:</strong></p>
<blockquote><p>This video showcases Canon variety of sensors. For several decades Canon has been developing and manufacturing advanced CMOS sensors with state-of-the-art technologies for exclusive use in Canon products. These sensors are a critical driving force behind many of our successful product lines, ranging from consumer products all the way up to high-end business and industrial solutions.</p></blockquote>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

interesting video, but that has to be the worst announcer I've heard in a long time. I don't exactly know what is wrong with his voice, but it really grates. It's almost as if he is trying just a little too hard to get that movie trailer voice without ever quite making it.

With the 250 million point cmos sensor, I'm wondering where you get to the point that you just shoot and apply some sort of software filters to artfully frame and defocus the areas around your object, rendering most lenses obsolete? In the video it shows everything in hyper focus in video, with a zoom into an airplane at a vast distance. I'm wondering about the need for most sports photographers at that point, or even cameramen. The post production becomes the point where almost all the artistic skill gets placed....

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
criscokkat said:
interesting video, but that has to be the worst announcer I've heard in a long time. I don't exactly know what is wrong with his voice, but it really grates. It's almost as if he is trying just a little too hard to get that movie trailer voice without ever quite making it.

With the 250 million point cmos sensor, I'm wondering where you get to the point that you just shoot and apply some sort of software filters to artfully frame and defocus the areas around your object, rendering most lenses obsolete? In the video it shows everything in hyper focus in video, with a zoom into an airplane at a vast distance. I'm wondering about the need for most sports photographers at that point, or even cameramen. The post production becomes the point where almost all the artistic skill gets placed....
that sounds like the lytro. for something like that to work it would need a bunch of lenses or layers of pixels that focus one increment of distance at a time like dual pixel shift thing but the files would be massive. or they can use a crappy filter like phones.

Upvote 0