Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I know what social classes are and know where I'm at. The bottom. I have just a high school diploma. I worked in factories most of my life as a self taught electronics and instrumentation technician.. I served in the Hawaii Army National Guard, Tennessee Army National Guard, and then went through boot camp again for a hitch in the USMC attached to the 3rd MAW. I drove 18 wheelers for 9 years and have about 1.5 million miles in my back pocket. My first three homes were very small mobile homes. The biggest was 13x52 ft. In fact, they are the only homes I ever owned. I now live in a 1 bedroom apt. of about 650 sq. ft. right under the flight path of DFW airport, and raise my grandson. I live on just $1,600 a month due to cognitive decline. I have what I have in photo gear because I have sold things I acquired when I was still able to earn a decent living. My photo gear is all I own with any value at all. So spare me your self-righteousness. Again, you have no class... and I don't mean money. I mean something you obviously know nothing about. Yet, somehow even with my cognitive problems I can still wipe the floor with you intellectually. I used to be a pretty smart guy. Now I'm just a dumbass who can't learn Lightroom/Photoshop. So where does that leave you? Even dumber than I.

You exhibited class bias. Own it.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I'll end this conversation now.

Apparently not. I wonder if it’s poor memory or a lack of willpower. Or both.

Another red hering.

It was an observation, not an attempt to mislead anyone. Another observation is that you don’t know what a red herring is, or even how to spell it correctly.

Upvote 0

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Apparently not. I wonder if it’s poor memory or a lack of willpower. Or both.

It was an observation, not an attempt to mislead anyone. Another observation is that you don’t know what a red herring is, or even how to spell it correctly.

The classism shocked me. I broke discipline because of that.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Self hatred -- it's not uncomon. So, like I said before, own your prejudices. Reject hipocrisy.
Blah, blah, blah. BTW: Spell check is your friend, maybe. I reject your pseudo PC hypocrisy. Run along now. Your mama is calling you. I have nothing to gain by argueing with fools.
I am thoughtful to a fault. I see more than my share of Clavins who want to set me straight about something. I have nothing to gain by debating fools.

I do not have cramps. And I'm civil to a fault.

Ignored.

Hypo.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I know what social classes are and know where I'm at. The bottom. I have just a high school diploma. I worked in factories most of my life as a self taught electronics and instrumentation technician.. I served in the Hawaii Army National Guard, Tennessee Army National Guard, and then went through boot camp again for a hitch in the USMC attached to the 3rd MAW. I drove 18 wheelers for 9 years and have about 1.5 million miles in my back pocket. My first three homes were very small mobile homes. The biggest was 13x52 ft. In fact, they are the only homes I ever owned. I now live in a 1 bedroom apt. of about 650 sq. ft. right under the flight path of DFW airport, and raise my grandson. I live on just $1,600 a month due to cognitive decline. I have what I have in photo gear because I have sold things I acquired when I was still able to earn a decent living. My photo gear is all I own with any value at all. So spare me your self-righteousness. Again, you have no class... and I don't mean a social class/status that money can buy. I mean something you obviously know nothing about. Yet, somehow even with my cognitive problems I can still wipe the floor with you intellectually. I used to be a pretty smart guy. Now I'm just a dumbass who can't learn Lightroom/Photoshop. So where does that leave you? Even dumber than I.

Yes, but you have class! Even when I don't agree with you, I still have to listen to what you have to say and think about it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I'd guess that the 70MP sensor was the one they were going to put in the 5DS/R MkII and the 83MP one is a new sensor from the same fabrication line as the new 90D and M6 MkII line.

If they go with the 70MP it will be to claw back some of the R&D spent on that singular use sensor and the RS MkI will have a logical 2 year upgrade cycle and have annoying feature absences. If they are brave and forward looking it will be off the new fabrication line and be the 83MP sensor that will be used for years and will push back a MkII, but it will cost more.

Knowing Canon's business history I'd bet on a 70MP version but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I'd guess that the 70MP sensor was the one they were going to put in the 5DS/R MkII and the 83MP one is a new sensor from the same fabrication line as the new 90D and M6 MkII line.

If they go with the 70MP it will be to claw back some of the R&D spent on that singular use sensor and the RS MkI will have a logical 2 year upgrade cycle and have annoying feature absences. If they are brave and forward looking it will be off the new fabrication line and be the 83MP sensor that will be used for years and will push back a MkII, but it will cost more.

Knowing Canon's business history I'd bet on a 70MP version but I'd like to be proven wrong.
Depending on that 70MP sensor being DPAF type or not. Plus readout speed as a consideration.

Upvote 0

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I doubt that. Self hatred has to be a rare pathology. What you’re describing sounds nore like social-driven guilt.

You only need to know what to look for to spot self-hatred. Watch the arrogant person, who seems to love themselves, descend into self-loathing when reality fails to affirm their self-conception. See minorities ape the dominant class or culture. Most individuals are socially and politically weak. They have many opportunities for experiencing their lesser status in the world. Guilt has less to do with self-hatred than shame. The pain of a shame-addled person reflects their sense of having a damaged or spoiled identity. Malignant persons exploit the shame-addled to realize their power by shaming the already shamed individual.

This stuff is so common it passes as unremarkable.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
You only need to know what to look for to spot self-hatred. Watch the arrogant person, who seems to love themselves, descend into self-loathing when reality fails to affirm their self-conception. See minorities ape the dominant class or culture. Most individuals are socially and politically weak. They have many opportunities for experiencing their lesser status in the world. Guilt has less to do with self-hatred than shame. The pain of a shame-addled person reflects their sense of having a damaged or spoiled identity. Malignant persons exploit the shame-addled to realize their power by shaming the already shamed individual.

This stuff is so common it passes as unremarkable.
Whether guilt or shame, I expect most of it is derived socially, not internally.

Upvote 0

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Whether guilt or shame, I expect most of it is derived socially, not internally.

It's unclear to me why the the internal/external distinction matters. It is still an affect the subject experiences in the first person. When an individual learns something, he or she internalizes what they learn. He or she makes it his or her own matter. That's why self-hatred is hatred directed towards the self. It does not originate from the other or the world even if we were to consider social conditions the first cause of this hatred.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
It's unclear to me why the the internal/external distinction matters. It is still an affect the subject experiences in the first person. When an individual learns something, he or she internalizes what they learn. He or she makes it his or her own matter. That's why self-hatred is hatred directed towards the self. It does not originate from the other or the world even if we were to consider social conditions the first cause of this hatred.
My thought was that something socially-inspired is more easily deflected and corrected.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Depending on that 70MP sensor being DPAF type or not. Plus readout speed as a consideration.

We had the 7D2 come out with a 20Mpixel sensor, closely followed by a 5Ds/r with that sensor scaled up to 50MP. Many of us are betting that the same thing will happen with the 90D sensor, and a FF version of it at 83Mpixels.

Of course time will tell, and there is is a very distinct possibility that all of us are wrong :)

Upvote 0