Cases FOR EOS M + 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul13walnut5

Any recommendations.

The canon one is ridiculously priced and is only half a case.

I was hoping for something like an ERC, but with the tripod socket repeated so that the camera can be tripod mounted even in the case.

I've had a look around but can't really find anything that fits the bill.

As an alternative a compact case would do.

What are other M users using? Real life experience only please, I can work google fairly well by now :eek:)

Pieces Of E

Canon owners and operators
Dec 10, 2011
www.piecesofeonline.com
Re: Cases of EOS M + 22

Paul, so you did buy an M. Last I saw, you were mulling over one. I'm dying to try my new rig out, but Mother Nature says we must have a week of crappy, cold, rainy weather first. I did see the Canon 'half-case' that is shown in the booklet with the camera, that don't do nothing for me though. I've got an 18-135 IS STM along with the 22mm that came with the camera and am gonna mount the rig on a Cam Caddie Scorpion with my Marshall 7" field monitor mounted on the top part of the handle. With the M's handy HDMI out port, it easily connects to the monitor so I'm gonna see how the video does in this puppy. I bought an extra battery and a 128 Gb Sandisk Class 10 card. We'll see. Good luck in your quest for a case, let us know if you find one. Cheers!

Upvote 0

you might get better responses if you change 'of' to 'for', since you're looking for a case FOR your camera, not A case OF the camera. I realize English is not the first language for many people on here.

A 'case of' a product is usually a unit measurement. You would have several units for sale within this larger box, the case.

Whereas you are looking a 'case for' a product, which usually means a protective shell or pouch.

I personally opened the message thinking it was someone talking about finding several of the units fresh in stock, like a surplus of them, indicating the camera would be on discount sale somewhere.

Upvote 0
P

paul13walnut5

ECRoyce said:
you might get better responses if you change 'of' to 'for', since you're looking for a case FOR your camera, not A case OF the camera. I realize English is not the first language for many people on here.

A 'case of' a product is usually a unit measurement. You would have several units for sale within this larger box, the case.

Whereas you are looking a 'case for' a product, which usually means a protective shell or pouch.

I personally opened the message thinking it was someone talking about finding several of the units fresh in stock, like a surplus of them, indicating the camera would be on discount sale somewhere.

Thanks. I shall blame my iphone. Living in Scotland the Queens English does sometimes seem like a second language.

Upvote 0
H

Hobby Shooter

paul13walnut5 said:
Any recommendations.

The canon one is ridiculously priced and is only half a case.

I was hoping for something like an ERC, but with the tripod socket repeated so that the camera can be tripod mounted even in the case.

I've had a look around but can't really find anything that fits the bill.

As an alternative a compact case would do.

What are other M users using? Real life experience only please, I can work google fairly well by now :eek:)
Paul, the M I am borrowing now has a case thaty says EOS M on the strap and also on the case, it could be the Canon one. It's made of leather and seems to be of good quality. You attach it in the tripod screw in. However the fit is not perfect, on the back the leather interferes with operating the scroll wheel with the thumb.

Nice but not great and if it's the Canon one you're talking about, then I guess too expensive also.

Upvote 0

ECRoyce said:

Tad harsh.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
paul13walnut5 said:
i got sorted with an lowepro edit 100
I was think of a case as well, but when I look at the images of Lowepro Edit 100 it kinda looks big ... what is your experience, is it a bit too big for EOS-M?

Attachments

• Closed View.jpg
    Closed View.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,285
  • Open View.jpg
    Open View.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,350
Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
paul13walnut5 said:
apologies, it was the edit 110, which is even bigger, but it carries my tiffin digital filter kit, the ef-m adaptor, spare battery and other bits and bobs, I know I know, a tiny camera in a big case...

You should see the CCS gladstone I use for my DSLR!
Too big for my needs ... I've been looking around for a good little case that fits only the EOS-M with the 22mm lens ... coz I primarily use the EOS-M for evening parties, like dinners in a restaurant or places where the light is not that good but carrying a big DSLR to those events would look intrusive ... also the wife is already fed up with all the big camera bags that I've been collecting over the years. so all I need is a small case that can be hooked up to my belt or belt loop.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
paul13walnut5 said:
apologies, it was the edit 110, which is even bigger, but it carries my tiffin digital filter kit, the ef-m adaptor, spare battery and other bits and bobs, I know I know, a tiny camera in a big case...

You should see the CCS gladstone I use for my DSLR!
Too big for my needs ... I've been looking around for a good little case that fits only the EOS-M with the 22mm lens ... coz I primarily use the EOS-M for evening parties, like dinners in a restaurant or places where the light is not that good but carrying a big DSLR to those events would look intrusive ... also the wife is already fed up with all the big camera bags that I've been collecting over the years. so all I need is a small case that can be hooked up to my belt or belt loop.

I read the OP and thought that he was looking for a camera case like what stolpe recommended. Anyway, if one is looking for a small shoulder bag, the Lowepro Compact Courier 80 ( http://store.lowepro.com/shoulder-bags/compact-courier-80 ) is the perfect one. It fits my M with the 22mm plus the small flash as well as the spare battery. BTW, it has belt loop as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.