Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/12/ces-2012-january-10-13-2012/"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/12/ces-2012-january-10-13-2012/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/12/ces-2012-january-10-13-2012/"></a></div>
<strong>CES (& PMA) is Coming!

</strong>The Consumer & Electronics Show takes place in Las Vegas between January 10 – January 13, 2012. This is the first year that PMA will be combined with CES for a full consumer electronics experienc<strong>e.</strong></p>
<p>I’ll be there for a few days to bring the Canon perspective from the show. I’m sure the 1D X and C300 will be front and center. If there is a product announcement before CES, it would probably be in the January 3 – January 5 time period. Canon has previously announced lenses as well as cameras the week before CES.</p>
<p>I hope to get a few interviews set up, if there’s anyone brave enough to talk to me. The ideal interview? a few minutes with Chuck Westfall… real or fake.</p>
<p>CES is obviously a well covered event. However, if there’s something you specifically want covered. Please make a comment in the forum thread associated with this post and I will try to accomodate.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

dr croubie said:
I vote for:
- shipping dates on the new über Teles,
- announcement dates on 200-400x1.4,
- date for 5D3 (but who doesn't want this?)
-

ditto for those and ask them about the AF in the next 5D

I dont see why they would consider making EF-S Primes when you can just buy the EF equivalent prime that matches best

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
wickidwombat said:
dr croubie said:
I vote for:
- shipping dates on the new über Teles,
- announcement dates on 200-400x1.4,
-
I dont see why they would consider making EF-S Primes when you can just buy the EF equivalent prime that matches best

Well, I would have bought a canon EF-s 35/1.4 if it were better than the sigma version (but still worse than the 35/1.4L). But instead I went for the Samyang. That's a few hundred dollars they missed out on there.

I'm very much considering the tokina 11-16 f/2.8 or the sigma 8-16, and there is a canon patent for an EF-s 11 f/2, i'd buy that over both because it's faster (and would hopefully be better IQ) than the zooms...

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2011
wickidwombat said:

because size does matter for some of us, compare efs 60 2.8 with ef 100 2.8.. probably a smaller lens can be cheaper as well for the same IQ. they say the af of 50 1.2 is slow because it is so heavy, the af can be faster as well and consume less battery.

I do think a fast normal (on efs) lens is missing from the canon lineup, that is why I went for the sigma.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
dr croubie said:

I doubt that they will shine some light on that.

However, it would be interesting to get more information on the FF roadmap. Of course they won't give detail but maybe some info what to expect for 5D MKII owners and APS-C owner that want to move up in FF and not being able to go for 1D-X. Maybe in this context we can get some small insight where things are going and what to expect (for sure no details on specs)

Upvote 0

JR

Sep 22, 2011
Canada
1- Echoing some of the comments already made, it would be nice to have some indication of the future pro and semi-pro level roadmao from Canon. Of course anything related to the 5D III would be great, but it still feels like the gap between the 1DX and the 5DIII left room for another $4k to $5k EOS camera.

2- I would also like some coverage on new lenses if any (just got the 35 1.4L so maybe I will need to sell it on ebay by January 15th!).

3- Finally, what is the future of DSLR and FF camera? I know preatty open ended topics, but the CES is the place to get new trends...

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0
I would love to have a broader feel for why Canon has started pre-announcing products, then making the official announcement months later—which is still months away from the ship date. (This isn't intended to be a veiled complaint.) Canon never used to do this. I think it started with the foreshadowing of the new super zooms. Is it coincidental due to earthquakes and floods or is it a new "RED" approach to marketing?

In a related note, I'd love to know why the new Pixma Pro-1 printer, which was supposed to be available within weeks of the announcement no longer even has an ETA associated with it. This is a complaint. WTH? What is the hold up? ::deep breath::

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
t.linn said:
In a related note, I'd love to know why the new Pixma Pro-1 printer, which was supposed to be available within weeks of the announcement no longer even has an ETA associated with it. This is a complaint. WTH? What is the hold up? ::deep breath::

Could be that because the Canon printer manufacturing plant in Thailand has been underwater! They have shifted some production to Vietnam, but a new model is likely on hold.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.