Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

Any R5c is going to have worse video specs than the R5, so if that is what you are after ang have been criticizing Canon for not doing you are the typical forum pundit. I need this feature, there you go then here is a new camera with that feature, oh no I’m going to wait a while....
Is it really going to have worse specs? Why are they labeling it a “C” model then? According to rumors on this forum, it’s actually going to have a slightly bigger body with active cooling to address overheating, along with all the same recording specs. I call that “better video specs.”

Purchase decisions are about more than a camera being released, they’re also about individual circumstances and wanting the most for one’s money, so if the rumors are true, I’d recommend video focused people wait for the R5C unless they desperately need something now. Most of us already have cameras we’re currently using so there’s no rush.

Sounds like you’re just a typical forum pundit who can’t stand that Canon’s back in the video game and who likes to complain about people honestly discussing the pros and cons of products (which is what forums are all about, after all).

All the best,

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
f the rumors are true, I’d recommend video focused people wait for the R5C
However, if the rumors are not true then the wait would be in vain.
We do know R3 is coming so maybe waiting for that makes sense.
I already have an R5 so I am more interested in the Ninja V+ right now.
Even if it never overheats to the Ninja I feel Canon RAW > ProRes RAW so R5c would still be superior even if it does not have internal ND.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Is it really going to have worse specs? Why are they labeling it a “C” model then? According to rumors on this forum, it’s actually going to have a slightly bigger body with active cooling to address overheating, along with all the same recording specs. I call that “better video specs.”

Purchase decisions are about more than a camera being released, they’re also about individual circumstances and wanting the most for one’s money, so if the rumors are true, I’d recommend video focused people wait for the R5C unless they desperately need something now. Most of us already have cameras we’re currently using so there’s no rush.

Sounds like you’re just a typical forum pundit who can’t stand that Canon’s back in the video game and who likes to complain about people honestly discussing the pros and cons of products (which is what forums are all about, after all).

All the best,
No that was a typo. Obviously an R5c would have better video specs than the R5, maybe the native 8k over HDMI for the new Atomos Ninja V+ amongst other video goodies?

I meant any high resolution R5 variant, like the 5DS/r, would have worse video specs than an R5.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Do we have a piece of new information regarding the Canon R5c? I am very interested in the date of the launch.
It seems like any information would just steal the thunder from the R3 but I could see Canon leaking info if people are disappointed after they release the resolution of the R3.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
It's June 24th 2021. Is this considered late 2021? I haven't heard or seen anything about the R5c.. Was this rumor really just a mistake and in actuality it was the R3?
Please let me know! I would love to buy an R5c!
I'd consider it mid 2021.....6th month and all...half the year gone.

Upvote 0