Considering 14MM 2.8L II Lens Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axilrod said:
Deeohuu said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'd also wait until you got your full frame. 14mm is equivalent to 8.75mm on a crop. Its extremely wide.

:eek: This surprises me. I would have said a little over 22 on a crop.

He meant you would need an 8.75mm lens on an aps-c camera to have the equivalent field of view of a 14mm on full frame. You were talking about the FF equivalent if you put the 14mm on an aps-c camera.

I see. But it is an odd comment. The OP has a 10-20 so he knows what 14 would look like. He didn't ask about a an equivalent to 14 on full frame. No worries.

Upvote 0
R

RedEye

Deeohuu said:
Axilrod said:
Deeohuu said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'd also wait until you got your full frame. 14mm is equivalent to 8.75mm on a crop. Its extremely wide.

:eek: This surprises me. I would have said a little over 22 on a crop.

He meant you would need an 8.75mm lens on an aps-c camera to have the equivalent field of view of a 14mm on full frame. You were talking about the FF equivalent if you put the 14mm on an aps-c camera.

I see. But it is an odd comment. The OP has a 10-20 so he knows what 14 would look like. He didn't ask about a an equivalent to 14 on full frame. No worries.

Thanks. All comments are appreciated as you'll never know when new information may fall into your lap - in my case realizing that a TS lens does not have auto-focus - thanks to that poster!

AF is not a deal breaker, but well, it's kinda nice when you're traveling about and have kids to look after, ect, ect.

I think what so many of us are after is a consensus on the more qualatative concerns of a product such as: "it's my favorite, and never leave home with out it" or "I purchased it thinking it would be really cool, but now never use it." ... or some of the more unexpected - "It blew me away on the 5Dii, but on my T2i, it's really no better than any other old lens because the camera cannot take advantage of the additional expensive glass".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.