Crowdsourced R5 Shipment Tracker

Tracking number provided and scheduled to deliver on 8/24!

Ok, I'll bite as I'm kind of wondering if you are a little troll given that you've only two posts, and that it all sounds a bit unlikely? You ordered at Canon's web site two days ago and it is shipping? Are you talking about the R5? Body only or kit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm wondering

Ok, I'll bite as I'm kind of wondering if you are a little troll given that you've only two posts, and that it all sounds a bit unlikely? You ordered at Canon's web site two days ago and it is shipping? Are you talking about the R5? Body only or kit?
I purchased the body only and frankly...a little taken back by the suggestion....what would be my incentive to “troll”? .I’ve contributed to the google sheet doc and was sharing both my excitement and to some degree.. shock in how quickly the order was filled...but that being said...think what you will

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I purchased the body only and frankly...a little taken back by the suggestion....what would be my incentive to “troll”? .I’ve contributed to the google sheet doc and was sharing both my excitement and to some degree.. shock in how quickly the order was filled...but that being said...think what you will

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, especially since your content doesn't seem trollish to me, and explain his skittishness.

We've been dealing with a lot of people coming here with brand new accounts to denounce the R5; at first it was the overheating, now it's claims the overheating is fake and just a way to "cripple hammer" the camera. Also I personally have seen a lot of people here I didn't recognize with very old accounts suddenly show up and am wondering if they got hacked, same story from those users. S*ny has been known in the past to send trolls onto other brands' users' fora. We had to wade through two weeks of the overheating argument infecting almost every single thread, even unrelated ones, before most of those people went away (there are still three or four of them here).

Upvote 0

Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, but is sure sounded trollish. First, it was your first post. Second, I've had an order at Canon for two weeks. Third, I spoke to Canon two days ago and they sounded like mid September although they would commit to even an educational guess.

Upvote 0

Pretty sure dark knight is legit, as soon as he posted about only ordering on the 18th and already shipping I also couldn’t believe it. I navigated to the canon USA site and sure enough it showed the R5 now In stock and ready to ship. I think it even said ‘expedited shipping’. just checked the site again now and it’s on back order again. Filled with hope I then navigated to the canon Uk site to check if something similar may be occurring there but quickly had my hopes dashed. I think dark knight is lucky lucky lucky.

Upvote 0
Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, but is sure sounded trollish. First, it was your first post. Second, I've had an order at Canon for two weeks. Third, I spoke to Canon two days ago and they sounded like mid September although they would commit to even an educational guess.
No reason or incentive to ever troll...no inclination or energy to do so..

Attachments

• My Orders|Canon Online Store.jpg
    My Orders|Canon Online Store.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
But even if Canon did get some cameras, why would they skip the line? I for example ordered a body two weeks ago.

The Canon website seems glitchy. When Canon Rumors reported that they had stock they had one landing page that said in stock and then the next said Backordered. Going back to the initial landing it again said in stock.
Again as I shared..I was shocked that it happened so soon especially at seeing on the google doc that there were other Canon orders presumably ahead of me...

Upvote 0
Again as I shared..I was shocked that it happened so soon especially at seeing on the google doc that there were other Canon orders presumably ahead of me...
I'd be careful around ladders, and certainly wouldn't gamble for the rest of this year if I were you.... seems you've had you'd had your share of luck for 2020! Certainly, I'm more than a little jealous. Just contacted my retailer again, I'm now 7th in the queue (I was 9th at point of order on aug 1st). They are expecting two units in next week at which point I drop to 5th in line. Mid September is current very rough estimate on mine.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
What's been very weird with this whole delivery situation is that Canon has said that there has only been one shipment, and that the second is expected some time in September. Yet many report scattered units from various brick and mortar, Best Buy suddenly had one, and now Canon shipped one at random.
Maybe it’s the way Canon class a shipment. A by sea container load with several thousand units might be their definition of a shipment but inevitable stock requirements for demo units, press loaners, warranty replacements etc might be considered important enough to fly so a small number of ‘surplus’ units end up in the general supply chain. We know Canon ship the bulk of their inventory via seabourne container because they have been caught out in port unloading issues relatively recently.

I consider this a far more believable possibility than some kind of conspiracy theory about ‘secret recalls’ that don’t include a single unit that includes retail units.

Upvote 0
I've been stalking this thread ever since I ordered my R5 and EF lens adapter from B&H on 8/5. I put in a second order - direct from Canon on 8/18. I was a little skeptical that Darkknight59 had his shipped on the 20th - until I checked Canon's site yesterday. I received a tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered 8/25. Canon's website says that both the body and the lens adapter both shipped but a follow-up email from Canon just mentions the body - and my card was only charged for the body. Fortunately I just ordered another adapter from Best Buy's website. Worst case scenario is that I will have an extra adapter.

Upvote 0
So just for fun I called Canon again and found someone as helpful as can be during the circumstances. There is apparently no sign of a new major shipment coming in, but the reason people may receive scattered deliveries from the Canon web site could depend on which Canon warehouse they are closest to, and Canon have these in California, Indiana and Virginia. No explanation why one of these suddenly had some though. Could be quite a wait.

Upvote 0
So just for fun I called Canon again and found someone as helpful as can be during the circumstances. There is apparently no sign of a new major shipment coming in, but the reason people may receive scattered deliveries from the Canon web site could depend on which Canon warehouse they are closest to, and Canon have these in California, Indiana and Virginia. No explanation why one of these suddenly had some though. Could be quite a wait.
Hard to say. Even if they were in their office looking at the ship bringing in the cameras they really couldn't say anything. They have no idea where the cameras will be allocated, etc... B&H and Adorama seem pretty confident that they're expecting their next shipment around the first of the month so I expect that's when we'll see them. I just hope those two don't suck up all the cameras again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0